Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2007, 05:09 AM   #61
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: A serious question because I need serious help (re: circ and Christianity/the Bible)

the bf has a problem because the babys mom doesnt want it done and he thinks he can force it, and well..thats not going to work if one parent is adamant for yes and one is for no.
now if both parents are thinking the same, then THERES when its not an issue between them...

i dont see how its not a problem?? one parent wants surgery and the other doesnt, its not like you can tell the doc go make one cut but then be done because youve only got half permission or something!!

Advertisement

*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 06:31 AM   #62
Getz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: A serious question because I need serious help (re: circ and Christianity/the Bible)

Quote:
Originally Posted by momx2 View Post
Um... there's something I don't understand. and I truly mean no offense to anyone. But...why is the bf WRONG in that he wants to circ.? I mean...isn't he entitled to his own opinion as well? Why is it okay to judge him b/c he wants to circ., but it's not okay to judge those who do not want to circ., kwim? I think he has a right to his opinion and your sister to hers. I also don't think it's anyone else's business what they decided to do. It should be their private decision.
While I can't really say it is wrong that he wants to circ, the problem is they can't come to a mutual decision. The sister wants SO on board w/ the fact that the baby will be intact. Maybe he will come around, maybe he won't. I think she needs support that if he doesn't come around she still have the right (and for some us, the obligation) to keep her son intact regardless of what he wants, and she isn't wrong for protecting the baby. For some people it can be hard to stand up to their partner like that. Unfortunately there is no compromise w/ circumcision, you either do it or you don't.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:14 AM   #63
aept
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree the BF is only WRONG in that he will not attempt to educate himself on the issue. I think it is fine to make an EDUCATED decision to want to circ.

That said, we always thought we would circ our baby but hadn't thought too much about it before he was born. We didn't know if he was going to be a boy or girl, and I kinda felt like he was a girl (I guess my instinct was wrong ), so I kinda put the circ issue on the back burner.

After he was born, I had even signed the consent to have it done, and then I just broke down crying. I could not let my new baby go thru it for no real reason (IMO). We decided he was perfect just as he was and cancelled the circ.
aept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:42 AM   #64
RedneckWoman
Banned

My Mood:

I don't know if this has been said here, as I have only skimmed. I see that a pp posted about the passages in Galations. Those are actually very good reasons to not circ! I had this discussion with my pastor. Something that he also brought to my attention is that the circ's done in 'biblical times' for 'biblical reasons' were completely different that the ones that we know of today. By that I mean that very little foreskin was actually removed. It was not for 'cleanliness' purposes but for religious ones. What is done now in hospitals would probably have been considered mutilation then (I consider it as such personally. Note: Not bashing circ'ing mamas. Just my feeling). My pastor is an incredible Bible scholar. He takes everything into account. Historical, cultural and literary signifigance, including context and author. Needless to say, our discussion was anything but brief.

If the Bible is not a reason enough for him, as I somehow doubt it will be,
Have him watch this. If this doesn't convince him, nothing will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmX6RdRNoqk

Last edited by RedneckWoman; 01-25-2007 at 09:45 AM.
RedneckWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:51 AM   #65
cowmommy
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: A serious question because I need serious help (re: circ and Christianity/the Bib

I haven't actually read through this whole thread but wanted to add if he is just the BF and they aren't married he would have no say legally anyway, at least in most states. So she would have to be the one to consent for it to be done and it doesn't sound like that is going to happen. Of course that is just my on the matter
Old 01-25-2007, 12:46 PM   #66
kezoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksmommy23 View Post
hmm wow no idea what to say we had nick circ. and its proven to be much better for him....and we plan to circ this baby as well.....hmm dont get me wrong im both ways not do it and then do it...but some times u do whats best for ur baby! its really up to the mom and dad!
Hmmm, how do you know it has "proven to be much better" - you don't have an uncirc'd baby to compare to in order to determine which is better for your baby... just a little confused by your post!
kezoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:49 PM   #67
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momx2 View Post
Um... there's something I don't understand. and I truly mean no offense to anyone. But...why is the bf WRONG in that he wants to circ.? I mean...isn't he entitled to his own opinion as well? Why is it okay to judge him b/c he wants to circ., but it's not okay to judge those who do not want to circ., kwim? I think he has a right to his opinion and your sister to hers. I also don't think it's anyone else's business what they decided to do. It should be their private decision.
As I already stated in my OP - the idiot knows nothing ABOUT circ or intact peni. He's ignorant and his "opinion" that its nasty and stinks doesn't count for squat. He's never even seen one. And its not his penis so why does he care what it looks like?

As for it not being my business - my sister came to me to help her. Our whole family and his are bashing her into the ground and I'm her only form of support. She's my baby sister and she made it my business so now it is.
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:54 PM   #68
ShayneLeMaster
no caption needed
seller

My Mood:
Re: A serious question because I need serious help (re: circ and Christianity/the Bib

you could tell him that her insurance wont cover cosmetic surgery, lol.. and if he wants it done he will have to pay for it out of pocket.. and if her insurance does cover it possibly if you were to tell him that he wont look into it becuase he wont look into reasons why it's not needed.. kwim? just an idea... good luck