Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2007, 03:57 PM   #11
travelinmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Bamboo in diapers, how does it hold up?

I have a few diapers with bamboo velour inner. I don't notice them staying any softer although the do seem hold stains less. I've only had them for about 4 months but they get lots of wear out of them. They have elmo flannel outer who is Journey favorite character. Anytime they are clean he asks to wear them. They are holding up just fine.

Advertisement

travelinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 03:57 PM   #12
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i was thinking of getting 6 more bg fitteds but they are not soft anymore... and they shrink alot
they work, but not super absorbant. i just like cause they are velcro.
i'd stick w ME's
Old 01-25-2007, 04:33 PM   #13
thumbelinadiapers
Registered Users

it completely depends on the blend of fabric you get. I have a blend thats velour - 70% bamboo and 30% organic cotton. I am getting some terry thats 85% bamboo and 15% polyester. Any higher content of bamboo than that, and I think the fabric isnt durable enough for diapers. Again, all bamboo fabrics aren't the same. I have seen lots of blends of bamboo, and some of them that are the same blends are thinner and not as soft. I've seen some scratchy bamboo that was horrible. You really need to be picky and informed. If you get a good bamboo fabric, its way softer than anything else, hands down, and is more absorbant than cotton. Since they are expensive, its good to seek advice and ask questions like this!

Last edited by thumbelinadiapers; 01-25-2007 at 04:34 PM.
thumbelinadiapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 05:06 PM   #14
havallah
Registered Users

My Mood:

I just purchased some Baby Beehind diapers from Natures Nappies. I was able to talk to Veronica, the owner, because a defective snap issue came up. She was so nice and informative, and one of the things she mentioned is pertinent to the OP question. She has been using about 15-18 bamboo fitteds for over 7 months, and said they still look great, and are still sooo soft. That is one of the reasons I just purchased some more, rather than hemp fleece Cricketts. The baby Beehinds are soooo sooooft.

Just my