Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-27-2009, 02:16 PM   #11
hackermd
Registered Users
seller

Re: How do you get a 2 year old to eat?

I haven't read through all the posts, but how I got my kid to bananas and grapes... or any food really, I would over exaggerate how good they were as I ate them. OOOH YUMMY, SO YUM! mmm... probably sounds ridiculous, but it certainly worked for my kid. Ranch always made carrots, cucumbers, green peppers, and red peppers very yummy in the summer time (I can't stand carrots, so just buy them for dd). We also tend to eat whatever is in season.

Advertisement

hackermd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:08 PM   #12
Jenfrogmomcpst
Registered Users
Formerly: Say It With Heat
seller

He asks for bananas and grapes but ends up licking the banana and keeping the grape inside his cheek until he gets bored and spits it out. Thanks for all the advise. We went out for supper and he had fish then came home for more of those stinkin peanuts and yogurt. Goofy kid. LOL
Old 03-27-2009, 07:23 PM   #13
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

I'm not sure of everything he eats but what we do in our home [because DS #1 now refuses to eat any veggies] is "hide veggies".

I'll put 1/2-1/2 c. of pureed carrots in our spaghetti sauce with whole wheat noodles.

Or I make whole wheat pancakes with pureed sweet potatoes in the batter along with some cinnamon, nutmeg and a dash of pure vanilla extract [kind of tastes like pumpkin pancakes.

Basically what my son does like, I try to incorporate the good stuff without him knowing.
Thankfully he does love about all fruit except grapes!

Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:22 PM   #14
alnoodle
Registered Users
seller

Um there was a cookbook for kids like that... Jerry Seinfeld's wife wrote it. You might want to look into it. It has recipes for making home made chicken nuggets with a veggie breading and stuff. Kid friendly foods with healthy additions... good luck.

Amanda married to Jamie. Mother of three little boogers; Lulu, Brooke, and Rosie
alnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 05:31 AM   #15
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alnoodle View Post
Um there was a cookbook for kids like that... Jerry Seinfeld's wife wrote it. You might want to look into it. It has recipes for making home made chicken nuggets with a veggie breading and stuff. Kid friendly foods with healthy additions... good luck.
lol...I did end up getting that book after a friend of mine mentioned it when I told her what I was doing It's pretty good!
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote