View Poll Results: What's your favorite Non-BPA "no leak" sippy cup?
Klean Kanteen 8 22.86%
Foogo by Thermos 7 20.00%
Safe Sippy 3 8.57%
Born Free 3 8.57%
Other 14 40.00%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-27-2009, 02:11 PM   #21
angelikapisadika
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Favorite Non BPA "no leak" sippy cup?

We've had the Kleen Kanteen since my daughter started "sipping" at around 4 months and it was WAY to heavy for her. She still, at 20 months old finds it heavy and cumbersome. I wish she loved it I, however, love my big Kleen Kanteen and take it everywhere I go!

Advertisement

angelikapisadika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:36 PM   #22
MCR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Playtex sippies are the best I used them for my Ds 15 years ago and have been using Playtex ever since. Dd still has a couple in the cupboard and pulls them out to use some days. No leaks no matter how many times I drop them.
Playtex are #5 plastic I fI remember the web site says they are BPA free

Last edited by MCR; 03-27-2009 at 03:38 PM.
MCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:55 PM   #23
katia
Registered Users
seller

i have an rei gift card i am planning to use to buy my daughter a new water bottle. she is 4.5, so i want her to move away from the sippy cup and onto a pop top (sports top) type of bottle. i was thinking to get her a klean kanteen, so i appreciate this discussion.

my little guy is still using a sippy cup and i have gone back and forth on "to plastic or not to plastic." (i worry about pthalates, too), so we still have an assortment of plastic that we use, but all are BPA free. right now, both kids love their BPA free nalgene grip n' gulp (or something like that) water bottles. we have also had great success with playtex sippy cups. they are the only ones that don't leak for us. never have, so they are perfect for cribs and diaper bags.

off to read the rest of the replies i had not yet gotten to when i replied!
Old 03-27-2009, 04:41 PM   #24
abbycadabby
Banned

My Mood:

We have had born free ones for months (almost a year) and no leaks.
abbycadabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 05:51 PM   #25
whalvo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We love Playtex. SUPER cheap too.

I like KK bottles, but I keep losing them, so it's not worth the $$ for me anymore.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:55 PM   #26
whalvo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeinstarrz View Post
We finally found a sippy that we love - they are "Green Sprouts" sippys. They have a fliptop, so my DD still has to hand it to me when she is thirsty - but she also hands it to me when she's done so I can flip it back shut. It doesn't have a valve in it so it's easy to clean, but that also means that it isn't leak-proof when it's flipped up. I don't really let her wander around with it though so it works for us
We have one of these and it has sprung a leak after only 2 weeks. I wish I had the love for it, but no.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:44 PM   #27
erinmc
Registered Users
seller

We use the Nalgene Grip and Gulp cups. I like them. And you can clip them to the diaper bag/stroller, etc
erinmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:14 PM   #28
NataschaN
Banned

I had and tried them all.

As much as I would have loved to make the ones that where named by brand in your poll work, they did not.
They all leak. Some more, some less.
I run an in-home daycare and am OCD when it comes to having everything clean. Yeah, I know, not a good combination. Laugh
I use the Playtex sippy cups for all kids and our son. They are totaly leak proof and don't evn spill when they are thrown down the stairs, which happens quite often because it seems a source of endless entertainment in our house. Of course I buy the BPA free ones. THe ones that have stuff painted onto them and a different coloured lid. Hands down, they are the best!!!
NataschaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:32 PM   #29
valsblondies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a foogo but find it hard to clean- and when I let one sit for over a day without being taken apart and cleaned- it got moldy inside and I cannot get it clean again. I have kk 12 oz bottle for him- can I just get aavent sippy top for that?
valsblondies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:12 AM   #30
beenwaitingalongtime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4BabyUnit View Post
I just don't understand how some people have no leaks with these?! It makes no sense. Maybe I'll try buying different Avent inserts for them...though they've been leaking since they were brand new.

I voted KK--I use them for DD and DC baby w/ no leaks (unless I forget the rubber stopper, or don't put the cap on correctly and then they POUR!)
That said, I got a bunch for my friend through a coop and she swears they drip milk all over the house

My friend uses Born Free and her DS figured out how to pinch the soft spout to make it pour. Then she upgraded to the hard spouts, but he can shake his juice all over the place

How strange that so many brands have such different results w/ people.