Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2009, 12:59 PM   #1
earthmamastyle's Avatar
earthmamastyle
Registered Users
Formerly: barbaramommyof2
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: exactly where I wanna be!
Posts: 2,286
My Mood:
Unhappy OK Freaking out DS ate.....

Hi lady's Ok my little 8 mo. DS got ahold of one of my nursing pads. Ya know the disposable ones that ( I now know ) Have those crystals in them that soak up liquid. He only had it for a couple min,. but he tore it open and had the cotton all over his mouth. I cleaned him up but when I did I realized the cotton had those crystals in it and they swelled up w/ liquid. I'm sure he must have ingested some. Should I call the doc? Is he gonna be ok?? Has anyone had exp. w/ this??? I feel so dumb! Why in the world did I let him see it? I was right there and could have avoided this. I thought it was just tissue and cloth and didn't realize he could rip it open so fast. I should have ran right over and grabbed it away from him. Please helpo me w/ any info on what it could do to his tummy.... poison??? ahhhhh

Advertisement

earthmamastyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:05 PM   #2
Monzie's Avatar
Monzie
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: WI, USA
Posts: 1,361
Re: OK Freaking out DS ate.....

If you want to play it safe, call your local Poison Control center. (If you're in the US, you can get contact info here.) A few weeks ago, I found my DS sucking on a bottle of artificial tears that I use for my Dry Eye. I called Poison Control and they looked it up and told me he'd be fine. What a relief!

Hopefully, your situation will be a "no biggie" too. Sending you and your LO some good vibes in the meantime....
Monzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:05 PM   #3
alanapaige
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: arkansas
Posts: 1,501
My Mood:
Re: OK Freaking out DS ate.....

do you have the box they came in? maybe call and ask if they are harmful if ingested?? if not that then call poison control and ask them...hope you get it figured out! sorry!
alanapaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:58 PM   #4
earthmamastyle's Avatar
earthmamastyle
Registered Users
Formerly: barbaramommyof2
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: exactly where I wanna be!
Posts: 2,286
My Mood:
Re: OK Freaking out DS ate.....

Ok freaked for nothing as usual! PC said they are not poisonous and that she gets lots of calls from people saying their kiddo chewed on a sposie and ate the gels Can't believe that one but I guess I've heard weirder stuff! Hopefully they where clean sposies! So he's gonna be fine. If he ingested them anyways! Funny how I posted on DS first. Guess I really trust my DS mama's!!
earthmamastyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.