Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-20-2009, 12:40 AM   #1
BleedingBlack
Registered Users

My Mood:
Felt Threatened...

My DD has been unusually quiet all night (she's usually loud and running back & forth between rooms), then suddenly she is crying in a really strange manner. It was odd...and she wouldnt tell me what was wrong. She just wanted DH to hold her. Then she was completely hallucinating that she was having a bloody nose -she INSISTED that she have toilet paper to stop it, so we gave her some -but it "didnt work". Then she calmed down and started acting like herself -only to turn around and act weird again -I asked her something and she was REALLY slow moving, then she GLARED at me. I felt THERATENED. Totally threatened by her. And this isnt the first time this has happened that she made me feel this way. I felt so threatened that I got up out of bed, grabbed the phone to call my mom and I was shaking. It wasnt even 10 minutes after that that she went to sleep... like nothing happened.

I dont know what is going on but I am scared. I hate this. I feel like I'm losing my daughter.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what this could be?

Advertisement

2 DDs Due with #3: August 30th, 2010!
ISO: Preemie & NB AIOs or Pockets or Patooshie Pants
IHA: 4 girly unknown WAHM Fitteds, S/M/L Maternity Clothing
BleedingBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:36 PM   #2
ericsgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Felt Threatened...

Was she in bed before this? It sounds like it could be a night terror...I witnessed something similar with a friend's DS...they really aren't fully aware and awake when it happens even though it seems they are. Not sure if this is what it is, but apparently they are fairly common in the toddler years from what I've heard...HTH!!!
Old 02-22-2009, 10:41 PM   #3
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsgirl View Post
Was she in bed before this? It sounds like it could be a night terror...I witnessed something similar with a friend's DS...they really aren't fully aware and awake when it happens even though it seems they are. Not sure if this is what it is, but apparently they are fairly common in the toddler years from what I've heard...HTH!!!

That was my first thought too. The Night Terror thing. She is right at the right age for it.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:57 PM   #4
smashncakes
Registered Users
Formerly: bren***this
seller
seller

My Mood:

DS has them and he will scream for 30 minutes, up to an hour sometimes. Scream like somebody is beating him, like you're trying to kill him. He'll slap you away then cling to you so tight he leaves marks in your skin...then he'll be kicking you away again like you are the one 'hurting' him. The whole time he is completely out of it...you'll think he's awake because his eyes are open and he's looking at you, even talking to you....but if you really look in his eyes, you can tell that he is SO not there. His ped said they are very very common for children his age, and usually the more you try to do, the worse you can make it....since your LO is so out of it, they often see you as whatever is scaring them. We just try to sit quietly, often holding him in our laps gently rocking back and forth...usually talking to him in a soft, soothing voice. We've found the harder we try to wake him up from them, the longer it goes on and the worse it gets. Ped also said that kids that suffer from night terrors often sleepwalk and/or sleeptalk but we haven't noticed that yet. We went through a really hard time from when he was about 24 months until he was maybe 28-29 months where it seemed as though he was having them every few nights. Then all of a sudden, they just tapered off....he just turned three a couple weeks ago and he maybe has one every couple months. They're quite scary to deal with though, especially when you feel like there is nothing you can do to help them.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:56 PM   #5
gueyclan
Registered Users

My Mood:

I agree w/ pp. My friends dd had similar problems. With her it even carried over into waking hours. She was so bothered by what went on at night she would be nervous and obsess (for lack of a better word) over it during the day.
Brooke- Proud mama to 5 amazing boys D-14, A-12, T-10, P-8, G-5 and one sassy pants little girl E-2 Baby #7 due 12-6-15
gueyclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:16 PM   #6
Bobbysmamak8
Registered Users
seller

Location: Georgia, but half of my heart is stationed in Louisiana!
My Mood:

Does she eat or drink anything with the dye Red 40 in it? My son acts possessed when he has it- literally. I know what you mean about feeling threatened, once he opened his eyes and looked right at me and flicked his tongue out like a lizard or a snake. It freaked me the heck out- and when i looked at the bottle of benadryl i'd dosed him with to counteract the red 40 freak-out he'd had.. sure enough, red 40 in the medicine too.
A lot of kids are sensitive to it and its in SOOO many things!
Check this link out- i believe shes a ds mama and she helped me out when i discovered Bobby's sensitivity to red 40.
http://journeytocrunchville.wordpres...its-sidekicks/
Old 03-28-2009, 10:45 PM   #7
Cindydg
Registered Users

My Mood:

maybe she was dreaming, I'd talk to you PED
Cindy
http://vegetarianmamma.blogspot.com
Cindydg is offline   Reply With Quote