Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-20-2009, 07:02 AM   #1
hac1224
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
How long after weaning did AF return?

Okay, dd is mostly weaned (I say mostly because it hasn't been long enough for me to be 100% sure that we're done), and I'm one of the mamas who has no AF while BFing. So, for those like me, how long after weaning did AF return? We are weaning for multiple reasons, but partially so we can TTC so I'd like to have an idea of what to expect. Even though DD is our 3rd child, she's the first one I successfully nursed past 4 weeks so I'm clueless. TIA!

Advertisement

Old 03-07-2009, 11:39 AM   #2
MadilynsMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How long after weaning did AF return?

I'm looking for answers to the same question! It's been more than a month now since my DD was weaned and still no AF....
MadilynsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:37 PM   #3
Danielle Pinkel
Registered Users
seller

Location: We live in Virginia Beach, and we're from the midwest.
My Mood:

with DD AF didn't return until 3 months after weaned, and with DS it was about 1 1/2 months
Old 03-25-2009, 01:22 PM   #4
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle Pinkel View Post
with DD AF didn't return until 3 months after weaned, and with DS it was about 1 1/2 months

For me I BF for 5 months and then stopped (see siggy if curious) and I got AF back in a week. However I will be the first to admit I had supply issues at the end of that 5 month period.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:55 PM   #5
ChoiceSoaps
Registered Users

Ds2 still isn't weaned, but I'll share my experience with ds1. I didn't have AF while bfing. Toward the end, he was nursing maybe 5 minutes every couple of days. We did that for a couple of weeks. At 15 months, I just stopped offering and ds didn't indicate that he wanted to nurse, so that was it. I ovulated 3 days later. Even though I was barely producing milk, it was like my body needed to be 100% done with bfing, and then I ovulated right away. I'm guessing that wouldn't have to wait too long--though I know it always feels like a long time when you're ttc!
ChoiceSoaps is offline   Reply With Quote