Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-01-2009, 10:22 PM   #11
mamaholdyou
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Non-vaxing military mamas? (& GA moms)

I'm not military but I do live on the SC/GA border and go to GA doctors (but live in SC). DD was born in a GA hospital. I wish you were closer to Augusta because I have the most wonderful and supportive pediatrican IN THE WORLD.
I'm a nurse and at our last appointment I was saying that I did feel bad for not getting some vaccines for DD. My pedi actually did not jump on this as an opportunity to vax but rather said he didn't think that I should compromise my beliefs and that I shouldn't have any reservations about filing a religious exemption.

GA does get a little squirrely about the NB stuff ... antibiotics and vit K. I didn't feel like getting involved in a legal battle in the hospital where my mom works so I let that go. So far no one has called CPS on me or anything but we haven't tried to go to school or daycare yet. In SC you have to go to the health department to get the exemption form and then have it notarized ...pretty much the same as GA... and i havent done that yet. I have affidavits all ready to go but I really dont even need them because they aren't allowed to ask what your religion is.

Advertisement