Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-01-2009, 08:00 PM   #31
irish_twins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How much harder is it going from 1 child to 2?

Who know's maybe you'll wear him down. We wanted four until we had two, and then we wanted one again . But after awhile we couldn't think of a good reason why not, so we're now waiting our third

Advertisement

irish_twins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:19 PM   #32
huntingflower
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had one child for 10 years and just added a second last year. It has been great! I am so happy to have given DD a sibling and she loves it too. She always had friends over and whatnot but having someone to call your brother... it's just nice to know that when we are gone they will have each other. You know? There were no real big changes.. just getting used to having a baby again because of the age difference. But once you have one child I don't think it is all that different to add another one to the mix.

huntingflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:47 PM   #33
luvmybaby333
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingflower View Post
I had one child for 10 years and just added a second last year. It has been great! I am so happy to have given DD a sibling and she loves it too. She always had friends over and whatnot but having someone to call your brother... it's just nice to know that when we are gone they will have each other. You know? There were no real big changes.. just getting used to having a baby again because of the age difference. But once you have one child I don't think it is all that different to add another one to the mix.

This is exactly why I'm glad I ended up with 2 DDs.

When my mom passed away it made 500x harder because I had no one to share my pain. I was an only child and for MANY years it was just me and my mom (100's of miles away from any other sort of family.)

When she was gone it wasn't just losing my mom , best friend, and baby's Nana that hurt... it was losing my entire past. I have my memories, but it seems like so much less when there is no one there to validate them. I will never again be able to go back and say "remember that time when....???" And that fact leaves a special sort of emptiness in you.

I'm am sooo glad that my daughters will always have each other
Old 04-02-2009, 03:28 AM   #34
HadassahSukkot
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

*subscribes*

HadassahSukkot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:26 AM   #35
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Two years ago at my sister's wedding my cousin (who had recently had his first baby) said "Everyone says it's easier to have two then one, is that true?" Now this was while DH and I were exhausted from chasing a 5 year old and a 2 year old. The 2 year old touched the wedding cake twice!! Ugh. So yep, we laughed pretty hard.

It is way harder in the beginning. Especially if they are close in age. (Mine are 3 years apart) You don't have while the baby is sleeping to get things done, because you spend that time caring for the first child and making sure they don't feel left out by the new baby.

Plus it didn't seem like I had as much help after the second one as the first. All I wanted was people to perhaps take my oldest for a few hours here and there and just let him do something special like go to the park or something. But people couldn't seem to grasp the concept.

Now that the kids are almost 4 and almost 7 it is getting easier. They play together and are getting old enough so I don't have to do every little thing for them.

But I have to honestly say the first two years are hard. Especially on the person who is the primary caretaker. It's a big adjustment. In my case it was made harder by all the health scares DD had in the first year of life and some PPD to go with it all.

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote