Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-27-2007, 10:20 AM   #1
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:
Sleep issues

Dominic (27 months, almot 28) has been having issues sleeping at night, I guess. DH works nights - gets home at 3-5am most days. I guess he got home at 5 this morning and Dom was awake wandering around throwing my cell phone on the floor, LOL. I usually hear Dom up between 6:30-7am chasing the dog and making lots of noise. I don't usually get up, just keep an ear out for him since I co-sleep with the girls and they wake easily. DH also co-sleeps with Dom in a different room when he is home and Dom stays close to him in the morning. He doesn't take a nap anymore - I try and he has to stay in there for an hour but he never falls asleep. He wakes up at night crying at least once a week.
When does this kid sleep? Do all two-year-olds sleep like this? What am I supposed to do? No wonder he's so cranky and touchy most of the time! Any BTDT mamas, any advice, ideas?

Advertisement

Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 03:50 PM   #2
loni1090
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Sleep issues

Sounds like he still might need a nap. When does he go to sleep? Of course all kids are different and some kids don't need a nap at 28 mos.
Mine still did and would be cranky if he did not get one. Maybe there is so much going on around the house that he wants to stay up?
I know it is hard with the twins, but try to have him rest in his room and play quietly? Then maybe he might get tired and sleep?
car rides also worked for me.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:57 PM   #3
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:
Re: Sleep issues

He stays in his room for an hour quietly from 1-2pm. He usually never takes a nap. He did today, though.
He goes to bed at 7:30-8 depending on if he took a nap or how worn out he is OR whatever is going on with the twins. If I'm tandem nursing them I can't put him to bed, KWIM?
I guess I'll just wait it out and see what he does.
Thanks for answering, LOL. Your my post buddy!
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote