Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-26-2007, 09:33 AM   #1
marymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
someone help me please

i just don't know what to do!!!! my dd (13 months) will not take a nap unless i'm holding her the entire time, she wakes up immediatley after i put her down and screams. i'm not one to CIO but i'm at a loss of what to do. i'm currently 30 wks pregnant so this has to stop before the new baby comes.

Advertisement

Old 01-26-2007, 11:08 AM   #2
RachelFlores
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: someone help me please

Have you tried laying down in bed with her to get her to fall asleep? You will have a MUCH easier time of slipping out of bed or taking a nap with her if she gets used to laying on the bed and not in your arms. i hope you find a solution that works for you both.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:01 PM   #3
momx2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

have you tried swaddling again? I found with my first dd, I had to start doing that so I could put her down for naps.
momx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 11:05 PM   #4
loni1090
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelFlores View Post
Have you tried laying down in bed with her to get her to fall asleep? You will have a MUCH easier time of slipping out of bed or taking a nap with her if she gets used to laying on the bed and not in your arms. i hope you find a solution that works for you both.

I agree. My DS sleeps better since I am also not moving him a lot
Old 01-27-2007, 11:16 AM   #5
mimid
Registered Users
seller

Use a sling or other carrier and put her on the back. Or "fall asleep" with her and then leave a scarf or sweater or something with your scent on it near her when you leave. Works for all my girls.
mimid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 05:01 PM   #6
e and d
Registered Users
seller

We have had so many sleep troubles with our 14 month old. We tried lots of different things...he was coslept with us for the first year but was waking 5-6 times a night to nurse and not eating during the day. Naps were very, very tough too.

I actually found Ferber's book, Solve your Child's Sleep Problems, very helpful. I was dreading it because I had heard bad things...but I have to say it was a lifesaver. I did not want to do CIO but we ended up doing a modified CIO based on the book, and it worked! Basically, we would go through our bedtime routine, then lay him down he was drowsy. Then we went back in after 60 seconds...then at 3 minute intervals. That way I don't think he felt abandoned, we could make sure he was okay, and he could learn to fall asleep on his own.

It has worked GREAT and he's not perfect yet, but I don't expect that. The best bonus is that I can see he is SO much better rested, and he is a much happier and more curious baby than he was before. (I never thought he was in bad shape until I saw what he was like when he was truly rested. Big difference.)

No matter what you decide to do! This is such a tough issue and I can imagine it's stressful at this point in your pregnancy.
e and d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 08:52 PM   #7
9800Emily
Registered Users
seller

Has she just started doing this? My dd is a little younger then yous and started doing this a couple of weeks ago, then I saw that her first moalers were cuting. Teething always causes lots of sleeping troubles for my dd.