Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-02-2009, 05:25 AM   #1
following my heart to the art
My Mood:
I need a crash course!

My twins have started taking off their diapers when they need to poop. I've ordered two little potties and I am just going to let them go naked and try to help direct them to the potties when they need to go.

But... how do I know when they need to go?

Aimee, wife to Mark since 10-18-03, Loving being "Ma-Ma!" to the Tornado Twins, Roman and Joel 1-12-08
Follow Your 'art
ISO: a neverending PP tree
ladybenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:01 AM   #2
Registered Users
Re: I need a crash course!

I just started yesterday, and after they pee on the floor a few times you'll learn about when they need to go, my DD still hasn't poop since I started yet though, so I'm not sure how that will got
Bonnie1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:47 PM   #3
Registered Users
Re: I need a crash course!

Each child at each age at each stage at each moment of the day is different! But that being said, some common signs are farting, going still and not moving much when they've been actively doing something - or vise versa. squatting. crying out (more like a "hello - I could use your help" type call). crawling to the potty. getting really squirmy when your holding them, or when they're in a baby carrier. (there are more, but that's what comes to mind first.)

Another thing to try is timing, rather than just going off their cues. Offer at transitional moments. Like before and after getting in/out of the car. Same for in/out of a carrier (babies usually will try really hard not to wet when they're being worn.) Before naps. After naps. When you get up in the morning. 20 min or so after eating. You get the idea!

Have fun!!
DSS - 10yrs DSD - 6yrs DD - 4yrs
married to my best friend since 2007

I sell Baltic Amber jewelry!
Sakari is offline   Reply With Quote