Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-28-2009, 02:05 AM   #1
DelishNaturals
Registered Users
Formerly: kclark
seller

My Mood:
7 Mts. and Self Weaning??

my DD is self weaning i think!!! she's still nursing at night, but in the morning, she isn't interested, and keeps biting me over and over again!!!!! i don't know what to do. she bottle feeds formula during the day for the most part [my milk production sucks] so what should i do? let her wean herself? she's not totally interested in food, so ??????????

Advertisement

DelishNaturals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:21 AM   #2
etsdtm99
Registered Users
seller

Re: 7 Mts. and Self Weaning??

this sounds like a bottle preference, not actual self weaning.. what you do is up to you.. do you work or stay at home?you could keep nursing at night, and not at all during the day, or you could work on your supply and stop bottles (supplement in other ways).. it depends on what your goals are ..
Old 03-31-2009, 06:14 AM   #3
DelishNaturals
Registered Users
Formerly: kclark
seller

My Mood:

i'm at home for a few more months, i want to bf full time or as much as possible. any ideas on how to do that?
[B]Busy WAHM and working 2 jobs mama too! DD Mikaela,completely addicted to , totally in with my husband Terry with miracle baby #2 08/26/10, hoping for VBAC.
ISO: anything hippy pippy, S gn wool, yarn, how to knit advice.
Check out my new Hyenacart for baby and family body care!!! http://www.hyenacart.com/delishnaturals
DelishNaturals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 06:58 AM   #4
NATTYBATSMOM
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kclark View Post
i'm at home for a few more months, i want to bf full time or as much as possible. any ideas on how to do that?
You may want to post this question in the regular breastfeeding forum for help too as I think this would be more for a wanting to wean situation.

What are you currently doing to help your supply? Are you taking any fenugeek? Have you increased your intake of water and oatmeal? There is a lot that can be done including dropping the bottles of formula and doing a lot of skin to skin nursing time in bed. The biting is probably more due to frustration on her part with the milk not coming in as fast as she wants it too. Is she switching from side to side? Doing that frequently tends to help with letdown as well.

Just curious, what gave you the impression that your supply was so bad? Was it a lack of wet/dirty diapers? Was it the amount you pumped? Sometimes we get concerned about a lack of supply when there isn't a supply problem at all.
My Blog: Sipping Life One Day at a Time
NATTYBATSMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 03:06 AM   #5
Marbie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I went on a 3 day trip away from my baby recently and the whole time I was gone he drank pumped milk from bottles. When I came back he was really mad at how hard it was to nurse (as opposed to the ease of drinking from a bottle). So for the next week or so we didn't give him any bottles. It was really hard because he was so upset but we got him interested again in nursing. I don't know if it's possible for you guys, but you could exclusively nurse for a while and see what happens. That'll raise your milk supply too and your baby may forget about how easy the bottle is! Good luck!
Marbie is offline   Reply With Quote