Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-23-2009, 09:07 AM   #1
Registered Users
Location: Diligently working on getting out of the hellish state of FL
My Mood:
Mom to adult and infant?

How do you feel about it? The age span post got me thinking. There are lots of us with adult children and babies just born or on the way. Do you feel old, feel like a better mom?Has your parenting style changed over the years?

Zona:mom to 10
zonapellucida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:16 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Mom to adult and infant?

I find my parenting style with my younger children (5, 3)is much more relaxed than it was with my older 2 (23, 18). I also find that my relationship with my oldest daughter is closer as she is a mama also with 2 little girls (4 & 7months). She has become a friend as well as a daughter. She still turns to me for advice, but she also offers advice as well!!! She adores her youngest brother and sister, too!
I don't really feel I am any better of a mom than I was before, just more more experienced. And as long as I do not think about it, I am too busy to feel old, especially with another baby on the way!!!
Kellie~mama to 5,(ages 28,23, 9 , and 7 & 4 , nanna to 2 little girls 8 angels never in my arms but forever in my heart Teeny Little Super Guy is now 3!!!!
Diapers, trainers, & doll items
NOW Open! MonkeysAndAngels
Monkeytaylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 04:45 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

I'm a lot more laid back with the little ones than I was with the older ones. Its a lot easier to not react to their stages when you know that "this too will pass". My #2 was our most difficult to raise, and he's turned out terrifice (so far and I never thought he'd make it to adulthood). I love that my oldest and I have a more "friend" like relationship than parent/child relationship. I also love almost always having someone available for babysitting. They may complain about it, but I get more done than I could when the older ones were little. I get seriously annoyed when the older ones tell me how to raise the little ones....I always just ask if they think they turned out so bad? lol
Mamma to 6: dd 10/85 (married in May '08), ds 08/88 (engaged 01/13), dd 06/92, ds 09/94, ds 09/01, and the peanut dd 01/07.
My FIRST grandson arrived Oct 1st!
"If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself." Saint Augustine
lakemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:19 PM   #4
My Mood:

Growing up in a family with a huge age difference in kids, I can tell you that the younger ones totally benefit! I'm am the middle of 5 kids. My oldest sister is 37 and my youngest brother just turned 13. My dad is way more laid back with the younger 2. He spent way more time with them. Makes me kinda jealous
Momma to Paige & Logan
and my furbabies Charlee & Ollie
jrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:10 AM   #5
Registered Users
Formerly: mom23cs
My Mood:

I feel alot like the PP's as well....I am more relaxed now than I was with my first kids. I feel more experienced and thus, more in control (well SOMEdays I feel more in control ) My oldest turned 19 last week and I am only 37 so I don't really feel old.....yet. He even admitted to me this week that he doesn't think I am old at that was nice to hear
Dawn, wife to Andy and
Mom to 3 teens and 2 sets of B/G twins!!!
Two 3.5 year olds and two 21 month olds
mom27wonders is offline   Reply With Quote