Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-28-2007, 03:25 PM   #1
2under2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
will these diapers just not work for us?

okay so we have been using some nana's bottoms aio's and they are beautiful-- she does great work!! but i thought the pul just wasn't sealed so i kept putting them in the dryer, but i played with them today and with some water and what is happening is that they are sealed, when i put water on them it wicks into the soaker right away, but when dd wears them they have been leaking like crazy at the legs, and it gets her onesie and outfit all wet even after just one tinkle! (sorry my mom always said tinkle and even though i hated it growing up now it is stuck with me!!) so i think somehow the way she tinkles makes it go right onto the outer pul or something she does have a big belly and chunky thighs... should i stick with them and see if it changes or what? the fitteds i use are great no problems at all with those.... so do i just need to switch to fitteds? anyone know what is going on???

Advertisement

Old 01-28-2007, 03:33 PM   #2
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: will these diapers just not work for us?

I've never tried them but if she's wetting thorugh them, maybe the fit is not right, if the fitteds work good, i'd get more of those
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 04:47 PM   #3
2under2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

another thought... the inner is fleece, so should the fleece part show a little at the leg or should you only see pul, i usually adjust it so that the pul is all that you can see but maybe i try it another way?? i love these dipes, they are pretty so i don't really want to have to switch!!
Old 01-28-2007, 06:09 PM   #4
Hillbilly Bunny
Registered Users

My Mood:

It's mostly likely the onesie Most mommas that use them have leaks sometimes. Try not using a onesie and see if that helps. Sometimes the onesie gets stuck inbetween the pul and inner fabric and the pee with wick onto the onesies. You can also try snapping the middle snap only HTH
Old 01-28-2007, 06:22 PM   #5
Marielblewis
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly Bunny View Post
It's mostly likely the onesie Most mommas that use them have leaks sometimes. Try not using a onesie and see if that helps. Sometimes the onesie gets stuck inbetween the pul and inner fabric and the pee with wick onto the onesies. You can also try snapping the middle snap only HTH
I agree withthis. Try using the T-Shirts instead. Besides, then you get to show off that cute dipe!

PSA: Eating Bison is better for health and the environment. Google it!
Marielblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 09:54 PM   #6
MCR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How do you stop the fleece from showing?
I had some pockets that the fleece showed around the edges of the legs and they never wicked out unless I let them get over wet, or put a onsie on over them.
I'd try leaving the fleece to roll out and leave the onsie unsnapped before I bought anything else.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:24 PM   #7
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've never had leaks because of onesies... ?? Is it tight onesies that do it?

Not all diapers work for all kids. It might just be that your DD can't use them.