Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-28-2007, 12:46 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
No period all month and a - this morning?

I am so confused. My body is really driving me crazy. First I have all the nipple pain last week and some suggested it could indicate pregnancy. Well I realized that I have not gotten Aunt Flow's visit at all this month so I decided to get a test. Well I took it this morning...first pee and I get a -! WTH. Then where is AF and why is my body going nuts!! I really don't want to go to my OB because if I am preggo I want to try for a VBA3C and I know they won't support me. My cycle has been pretty crazy since its return a few months ago after bfing. Yds is still bf like 1-2 times a day but its usually at night and only for like 10 minutes. What the heck could be going on?

Ericka - Homeschooling Mom to Will (8/02), Aiden (1/04),Andrew (8/05) Zachary (4/08)
sprout18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 12:53 PM   #2
Registered Users
Formerly: my2sons
Re: No period all month and a - this morning?

mama! I'm going through the exact same thing (minus BFing). My problem is that I don't O every month. I really don't know what to tell you. Could you go just to make sure everything is ok and then not make a follow-up appointment if you are pg?
~Amanda~ Proud Wife to my Army Veteran and Mama to: Kevin , ~Jordan~, Ryan David, Gwendolyn , and Kathleen
Need Crocheted diaper covers? View my examples here.
MyLil'Mountaineers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 01:13 PM   #3
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

I would call your OB and just ask for a blood test, IMO. I would also suggest charting if you haven't been. After I got off BC pills when we started ttc the second time I started having cycles over 70 days long. It took us forever to get pregnant and we couldn't figure out why. Doc kept giving me meds to START my period, etc. I didn't need meds, I was ovulating, etc. it just wasn't anywhere near a "regular" cycle, KWIM? Took me 9 months to figure that out and the first month I charted I got pg - by luck, LOL but it made me figure out that i was Oing WAY later than we thought, LOL.
And everyone can have a screwed up cycle every now and then - that's perfectly normal, too. I'd suggest just getting it checked out, and then maybe try to find somenoe who WILL support your wishes for a VBA3C.
ANYWAY, in your positin I'd get a blood test and then ask them to check other stuff. It's easy to just leave you OB if you really want.
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 02:13 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

I have to admit, I freak out every month and think I am pg if I am even a day late, but this month, my breasts were hurting, and I just felt weird. I kept feeling like AF would start, but it never did. I took 4 tests before I got a + and that was 10 days after AF was supposed to start. . . Give it a week or so and take another test (or 3) then if still - see OB. Or if you think you are, see OB now. . .
Christina, Jesus-loving, happily married wifey to E and mommy to 4 in my arms and 2 in Jesus' arms
I can knit or crochet anything. I'm a one woman knit and knot shop Check out my DS FSOT thread and my blog if you'd like to see pics of my past creations.
munchkinflame13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 02:28 PM   #5
No Longer Here
My Mood:

I agree with the other mamas here, goodluck and please go in to be checked out, you don't need to keep the follow up appt if you dont want to
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 05:19 PM   #6
Registered Users
My Mood:

I now see that you did get your +, Congratulations!!

But I did want to chime in on this thread because I am Kinda in the same boat... I took a test 6 DPO (or maybe so I thought) and it was +... took one 5 days later, +, took one 10 days later than that +, went to the regular doctor today to get a note so my insurance would cover it..... - ???? what??? so we did a blood test, I find out in the morning, but geeze, I had a total of 8 positive tests LOL...
Michelle WAHM to
Dalton 7/99, Hayden 3/02, Tyler 9/03, Kaitlin 10/07
GrahamBaby4 is offline   Reply With Quote