Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-10-2009, 11:01 AM   #1
amitchell98
Registered Users
seller

Unhappy It's going to be a loooooong day today (just a little rant and rave about nothing)

Why is it that when I have all the best intentions of having this super productive, get lots of things done, kind of day that my son decides that 45 minutes is an adequate nap. Today is my birthday and I wanted to have such a nice day. I hope I still can, but little man isn't exactly a peach on no sleep. Neither am I, so I don't blame him. But jeez, 45 minutes!

Can I start with the fact that he has a cold. Has had for a week now, and seems to be on the mend. But he's getting up at least twice in the night to nurse (used to be only once) as well as sometimes another time or two for his binky. Last night my husband clobbered up the stairs at 10:30 and woke him up. Which also woke me up, thanks hubby! Then he woke up at 1:30, 3:30, 5:30 and again my husband clobbered down the stairs at 6:45 and woke little man up again. Thanks again, hubby! So of course he's a bit tired this morning. He wouldn't nurse at 7:30, ate his breakfast and went down for a nap at around 9. It's now 10 and he's been up for 15 minutes. I haven't even gotten a shower yet And his little mini nap will screw up his sleep for the rest of the day creating an over-tired cranky baby. I think I'll go hide in the shower for a moment

Thanks for reading my grouchy rant. I'm really not mad at my son. Just wish he would nap a little better sometimes. He's so unpredictable. Yesterday was bad naps, the previous day = excellent naps.

Advertisement

Old 04-10-2009, 11:05 AM   #2
emilykaysmommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: It's going to be a loooooong day today (just a little rant and rave about nothing

It drives me nuts when my daughter does that... because like you said, later they'll be all cranky and overly tired and there is nothing you can do about it. Can't put the kid to bed at 5pm. LOL sometimes I wish I could. Hang in there, it'll get better!
and Happy Birthday!!!!