Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-10-2009, 10:15 PM   #1
sheenamc
Registered Users

nursing strike...HELP!

*I posted this in the wrong forum, I wanted to post in the breastfeeding forum, how do I move it?

Maybe someone can help me, we are out of town visiting my parents and it's been nothing but stressful. I know DD is probably feeling that I am stressed out and it's not helping the situation so I'm trying to be as calm as possible. I'll fill you in on whats going on a bit, my parents are in the middle of a massive reno and my husband has come up here to tile the kitchen. PLUS my brother and his girlfriend and their HUGE rotteweiler who is not well behaved are here for a visit because it's my brothers birthday tomorrow. All of this equals..no place to cook, no routine, loud noises so she is awoken from naps, not sleeping properly and too much going on. Plus she can't be put down for any period of time because literally no place is safe with nails etc everywhere. So you can imagine the stress. And now she won't nurse. She nursed once this morning before her nap. Once this afternoon and maybe twice this evening but she doesn't want to finish nursing she hits me and pushes away or bites. She throws a major fit whether we are around people or in private especially because we are somewhere new. I tried nursing her in the car, bathroom, bedroom, every where! I just don't know what to do. She is 9 months and usually eats a bit of solids every day but I won't give them to her if she isn't nursing..is this ok? Also, because she won't nurse all day she eats all night, and of course I'm happy she is nursing but getting no sleep. I am especially stressed because we are going to mexico (we are getting married there in a week, man what was I thinking?!) in 7 days...I'm worried she is going to do this while we are there...and if so do I just keep refusing her solids?
I will NOT use formula...(nothing against it just not for us) so that's just not an option...she has no problem bfing at home when we are in our routine but she is such a sensitive girl. I feel like I'm going to cry, I feel so unwanted by her, she pushes me away and goes to my mom!
Anyway thanks for any help you can provide me with!

Advertisement

Last edited by sheenamc; 04-10-2009 at 10:28 PM.
sheenamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:20 AM   #2
Liddle1
Registered Users
Formerly: tummy mommy

Re: nursing strike...HELP!

I would keep trying. maybe go for a drive a few times a day, find a nice quiet place to park and feed her in the car. or maybe see if you convince the people reno-ing to take a lunch break so you can nurse in quiet.

also i have recently discovered it helps to give DS a small teddy bear to hold while he nurses. he can pinch, scratch, and poke that to his little heart's content
Liddle1 is offline   Reply With Quote