Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-12-2009, 07:23 AM   #11
ForCryingOutLoud
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: My 1yo still wakes up twice a night!

We used Dr. Jay Gordon recently and now we all sleep. I waited until she was 20 months old and now she sleep all night.

Advertisement

Old 04-12-2009, 07:31 AM   #12
Knits on Earth
Registered Users
Formerly: eden/averymumm
seller

My Mood:

why don't you just give him a bottle?

don't people recommed switching the bottle to just water or something? (I don't know anything about bottles sorry)

sleep deprivation sucks, but try to stay calm, it doesn't sound like it's that bad. he sounds like a good sleeper to me.

Knits on Earth, custom knits
Knits on Earth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:21 AM   #13
musicalisa
Registered Users
seller

Sounds like he needs something. He could be thirsty, scared, cold, hot, etc. It always helps me when my kids wake up to remember that they have needs that sometimes I don't understand.

My son woke up in screams frequently before we found out he's allergic to gluten. Who knows what he was feeling like before?
musicalisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:46 AM   #14
milosmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think it is still normal at his age to wake frequently at night. I didn't say convenient or fun, but normal. My 15 mo. old wakes at least 2 to 4 or 5 times a night still. We cosleep for most of the night though, and he wants to breastfeed or be comforted. I am someone who LOVES her sleep, and have not adjusted easily to less of it, but you get used to it. I try to remember that like all phases with growing children, this one will too pass.
I have heard great things about some of the "phasing" sleep philosophys though. Have you researched the several different ways to slowly introduce longer sleep periods? Have you tried things like low music? My son will sleep longer if I play a mellow music while he sleeps. I have a freind who puts on that "white noise" machine for her dd and she sleeps better with it too.
Good Luck, I know it is hard to get little sleep, but I think your son sounds fairly normal too me.
milosmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:06 PM   #15
RJmomof4
Registered Users
Formerly: RJmomof2
seller

My Mood:

I read half of a really good book ... I wish I could remember what it was called but I bet its at your library lol.

My 2 year old still wakes in the night too.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:24 PM   #16
aecryan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForCryingOutLoud View Post
We used Dr. Jay Gordon recently and now we all sleep. I waited until she was 20 months old and now she sleep all night.

We did it right at 13 months. DS still wakes during the night, but not to bf. Thank goodness! It was wearing me out, being the all night cafe. Now he wakes, I lay him back down, and he sucks his thumb and dozes off. It's not perfect yet, but we are getting there.

I also want to add that we had to do a little CIO. We were in the same room, us in our bed and ds in his crib. He fussed for the first few nights of the no bfing. Not screaming, just fussing.

Do what works for you mama!
Old 04-12-2009, 03:55 PM   #17
mommysweird
Registered Users

Thanks so much. It helps to know that he's normal. I hear so many moms I know talk about how their babies are sleeping through the night and it just makes me want to scream. DS #1 was not like this at all. DS #2 is a VERY strong-willed child. If he's uncomfortable or upset about anything, there's no whimpering or fussing just wailing or happy laughter. No in between. The sad part is, he's a lot like me!

I do have faith that he will sleep better (a.k.a. LONGER) one day. I just needed to hear from some of you in the trenches that this too shall pass. Sometimes it's hard to be in the moment and focus on the good things when you're exhausted from sleep deprivation.

Thanks again mamas!

Currently ISO HP MF Inserts and my sanity . . . I seem to have lost it somewhere . . .
mommysweird is offline   Reply With Quote