Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-16-2009, 03:40 PM   #1
yagow2001
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Do you know if electolytes pass thru to BM?

DS has a stomach bug, threw up during the night before last, then it's been diarrhea ever since. Yesterday he still ate some food and drank a juice box, which I squirted Pedialyte into with a syringe, don't tell him. He hates pedialyte and took like 2 licks off a popsicle. I made ice cubes out of the unflavored kind and put it in his water bottle, but he hasn't drank much of that either. I hope tomorrow the diarrhea will stop so he can get rehydrated. Do you think it would help if I drank some of the Pedialyte, would it pass thru to the BM which is the only thing he has been drinking or eating. I'm sure it can't hurt anything, but I'm just curious if it will help. His big sister always hated that stuff too.

Advertisement

I've been paid to complete online surveys at http://OpinionOutpost.com/join/6696974
yagow2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:11 PM   #2
MT_ranch_mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you know if electolytes pass thru to BM?

I would personally drink gatorate or something like that...I think pedialyte is awful also
As long as he's nursing though, he's getting something. When my dd had whooping cough and pneumonia at 3 months old the dr at the hospital said as long as she was having three wet diapers a day (full 24 hours) she was hydrated enough not to need an IV. As long as he's still having wet dipes and nursing, I wouldn't stress too much about the hydration issue.
Sorry he's feeling bad....
MT_ranch_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:19 PM   #3
crunchymom2.0
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

As long as he is nursing mama, he will get what he needs. It would not hurt for you to keep hydrated and continue taking your prenatals or vitamins so that you don't get depleted.
I would not recommend Gatorade only because it is higher in sugar and can actually dehydrate you because of the shift in intracellular fluid. If you want Fiji water or any other water that is enhanced with electrolytes would be better. Tap water if it's clean and not treated with soft water salt.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:28 PM   #4
Mama Bear X3
Registered Users

My Mood:

mama's milk already has electrolytes good job mama.
Mama Bear X3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:37 PM   #5
livn4him
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Bear X3 View Post
mama's milk already has electrolytes good job mama.
I agree with pp. Also "unflavored" pedialyte tastes like ocean water and that is likely why your lo won't take it.