Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2007, 11:33 AM   #1
Fridaxsky
Registered Users

New to All of This!

Hi all! After lurking for a week or two, I decided to go ahead and post. I'm six weeks along with my first - due at the end of September. I plan to CD and was kindly directed here by my sil. I've been trying to figure out where to even begin - there are so many adorable pieces!

I'm getting so excited to start buying my stash, though DH has told me to wait until we're a bit further along

I do already have a pair of longies at home, and 3 Kozy Designs longies and 2 soakers on their way - again thanks to sil.

Those of you who have already been through this with a NB, where did you start in putting together your stash??? From what I've seen, I'm not too crazy about the aplix fasteners and would prefer snaps. Not really liking the look of the PUL either, but am willing to give it a try if it works. I've used prefolds on my niece and found them very easy so I may even go that route.

Also, any suggestions for where to register??? My family is VERY mainstream and thinks I'm insane for CDing, but I'm going to hold my guns and want to put together a CD registry to make it easy for them to know what to buy.

Thanks for any advice! So glad to be here!

Advertisement

Old 01-30-2007, 11:47 AM   #2
annes_cottage
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers

My Mood:
Re: New to All of This!

Hi there!! I am ready to deliver my 8th in a couple of weeks !

I sew for Fuzzi Fannies pocket diapers. When we make the extra smalls for newborns or xtra small babies, we normally use aplix on them. they seem to fit better. Snaps are great on the bigger sizes though! Smalls on up. lol

Congrats on expecting your first baby!! It is so exciting. You are so fortunate to start off with cloth. Such a great investment too. I didn't find cloth until #6 was born!! Where was I ? lol So this is my first time cd'ing a new baby!

God bless!!

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 06:08 PM   #3
mommyto3girls
Registered Users
seller

Hey Steph!

I am the SIL! Ready to spoil the baby with fluffy goodness!
mommyto3girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:45 PM   #4
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Congratulations!
when i had my dd, i was able to learn about cd and started buying before she was born, i bought CPF, dappi covers, prorap AIO and wonderoos, all worked great, the wonderoos are one sized diapers, they fit a little big but only for a few weeks, i would recomend one sized diapers, fitteds, covers and prefolds, my dd had a sensitivity to prefolds so we didn't use them more than a few months if that long.
don't buy too many of the same item until the baby comes so you know what will work
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote