Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-09-2009, 10:06 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Auditory Processing Problems

It's bittersweet, isn't it? When you have confirmation of what you already knew in your heart. I was the same way when my son started to show symptoms of Autism even at 4 months (people say it's too young but since this is my field I could see it). When he was two years old, I took him in and felt relieved when it was all confirmed. I wasn't the paranoid parent after all.

I strongly believe in parent intuition

ladylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:00 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Auditory Processing Problems

Originally Posted by boomer View Post
She did, she did, she did!!! Actually, her receptive language score was normal (median is 100 with +/- 15 variant...she scored 108) but she totally bombed the auditory processing part with a score of 65 which puts her in the 1st percentile!!!!

My husband is sad for the auditory processing disorder diagnosis but I am excited. It answer a lot of questions for me. And I am sensing great satisfaction right now knowing that my mother's intuition was point blank. Alisa was diagnosed with anxiety disorder about 3 years ago but I have always felt that there was an underlying cause to it. Now we know!
Just seeing this now. Congrats on the fail! I know that no matter how hard it is to have a diagnosis, it's such a huge relief to know you'll finally be getting proper help. And Mama's intuition is a beautiful thing. Everyone thought I was crazy, but if I wasn't so neurotic and crazy, my son would have never gotten the help he needed.
Statia - Wife to a man that has the patience of a saint. Mama to a very cheeky, funny and exhausting little boy - "the Mini" born 3/5/07. and a very spirited, stubborn, feisty girl born 5/18/09
gromit0299 is offline   Reply With Quote