Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2007, 09:04 AM   #11
sammy21901
Registered Users
seller

Re: Am I the only one who is not in LOVE with their Britax marathon

Let us know what they say! Ok, the Decathlon has the button and the Marathon has the lever. I much prefer the lever for ease of use. I hope they can help.

Advertisement

sammy21901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 09:18 AM   #12
Ontariomama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy21901 View Post
Let us know what they say! Ok, the Decathlon has the button and the Marathon has the lever. I much prefer the lever for ease of use. I hope they can help.

Oh, see, I totally love the button on our Roundabouts, but I hate the lever on the Marathon...

OP - I reach under the seat, about where the instruction book is, and you can feel the strap where it comes around from the back and up through the lever in the front. I loosen the strap from the lever so there's some slack underneath, pull it from the bottom which tightens it up around ds' shoulders, kinda hold it there on his chest, and pull the strap on the front. Then I can give a little tug on the front strap and snug it up.

Mine's weird, it works great when it's NOT buckled in the van, but once we get it in, it is a royal *B* to tighten. I even took it out and rethreaded it since I thought maybe it was in wrong, too.

Dh though that since it's so deathly cold here that maybe everything was just harder to do.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:23 AM   #13
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have 2, one for each kid and love them! IMO they are super easy to install & easy to tighten, etc! Are you taking yours in & out alot? You should maybe go to a carseat help place & have them install it!
Old 02-02-2007, 09:29 AM   #14
Mommy2JJ
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I am thinking about calling CS too....I was told with Britax you have to do a hard tug then pause then tug and pause....but ours is REALLY hard and dh of course won't stop saying I can't believe we spent so much money for THIS.....Now we also have a Wizard and it is super easy to tighten......I have no idea

Mommy2JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 09:37 AM   #15
Ontariomama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2JJ View Post
I am thinking about calling CS too....I was told with Britax you have to do a hard tug then pause then tug and pause....but ours is REALLY hard and dh of course won't stop saying I can't believe we spent so much money for THIS.....Now we also have a Wizard and it is super easy to tighten......I have no idea
Me too! We have two RAs and they're amazingly easy to use. Ours didn't start doing this until it got cold, though - it was fine in the summer.

We don't ever take ours out of the van - dh has a Graco Platinum Cargo in his car, so we don't need to switch.

I'll probably call Britax today if it's not supposed to be like that.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:43 AM   #16
pingumel

that's odd. i've never had a problem with my marathon.
(and i love my zebra print )
Old 02-02-2007, 10:07 AM   #17
raceNzanesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Only got a sec, but they shouldn't be hard to tighten- any of them!

Try looking under the seat, while installed, and see if the splitter plate (metal, harness is connected to it) is hung up on anything. When I install I usually tighten the harness as tight as it goes. That way it doesn't get hung up later on. The same could happen if the splitter plate is getting caught on the plastic cover on the back that goes over the harness straps. Make sure with the Marathon that you pull, release, pull, release when tightening the harness. It isn't a one smooth pull like on the Roundabout. If that doesn't help, email me, and/or call 18884BRITAX. I've heard calling right when they open gets you through the fastest.

You should be LOVING your Britax!

P.S. The harness should be tight enough that you can't pinch the fabric. Take the comfort pads off if needed. HTH.

CPS Tech to all- Need car seat/booster help? EMAIL me.
raceNzanesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:04 AM   #18
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy21901 View Post
You know it's pretty sad when you're worried about flaming just because you don't like a carseat! Shame on us mamas!
I was thinking the same thing!! LOL

I don't have one, but this is making me like them less.. I have the same problem with the one I have now. (it's not a britax) I plan on getting one in the next couple months.. A carseat.. a new carseat. Probably not a Britax, unless I find some exellent deal on them. lol
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:14 AM   #19
runningdiva
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by raceNzanesmom View Post
Only got a sec, but they shouldn't be hard to tighten- any of them!

Try looking under the seat, while installed, and see if the splitter plate (metal, harness is connected to it) is hung up on anything. When I install I usually tighten the harness as tight as it goes. That way it doesn't get hung up later on. The same could happen if the splitter plate is getting caught on the plastic cover on the back that goes over the harness straps. Make sure with the Marathon that you pull, release, pull, release when tightening the harness. It isn't a one smooth pull like on the Roundabout. If that doesn't help, email me, and/or call 18884BRITAX. I've heard calling right when they open gets you through the fastest.

You should be LOVING your Britax!

P.S. The harness should be tight enough that you can't pinch the fabric. Take the comfort pads off if needed. HTH.

good suggestion. I will have DH look at it. I agree- it should not be this hard to tighten. If you could see how hard DH has to pull you would think something is not right which is why i posted this.... Everyone seems to love theirs's but trust me I am feeling less than love these days. I dislike going anywhere becuase I can't get it tight enough.

Well, this weekend I am going to have DH look at your suggestion or call. Thanks mamas!!

Mama to Sophia born 6-9-06
runningdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:53 PM   #20
ceilismom
Registered Users
seller

I would also recommend getting a certified carseat installer to look at it. They have training and practice, and they're a warm person right there to help you figure it out. You should be able to find somebody at your local PD or a car dealership, and it shouldn't cost you anything. My sister is an installer, and honestly, I don't even try to figure out my carseat. I just have her look at it and fix problems, determine when it's time to move up straps, etc.
ceilismom is offline   Reply With Quote