Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-02-2007, 12:21 PM   #1
Registered Users
Another Injury

I was an hour away from day care up in Scranton-my dad is getting outof the hospital today and I was going up to help when I get a call. Deme fell and hit her eye on the corner of a table at day care and she's bleeding and it's swelling up. All I kept picturing is the last time she fell (at home) and ended up with CAT Scans and a fractured skull. So I said watch her close and if she starts acting weird call an ambulance I'll be there asap. When I get there she's eating pizza......her eye is a little swollen and it's gona be black and blue and it's a deep scratch but that's it-thankfully.

I seriously give up with this child-every week or every day it's something new. I'm friends with the lady that owns the day care-she's a neighbor and I've known her for years-which is why I send my two there and I've made it a point ot get to know all of the teachers well. They all have little ones too which I think is a good thing but now there all having a stroke again, and are suprised that I'm handling this so well. I told them that after the 15th time I don't panic any more with dd-I'd loose my mind if I did. She's in taking a nap now and I'm going to give ds his medicine-oh that's another thing. I guess one of the other kids ended up with Tonsilitis-there was a note in ds's box when I dropped them off this morning. Go figure-I had ds at the peds yesterday for a swollen tonsil. My mom is freaking out that I can never put dd in a daycare or school again-what good would that do? She'll still be exposed to everything one way or another. Ugh. I give up. No matter what I do it's never right anyway so I don't know why I let her upset me.

driftymaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 01:47 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Another Injury

I think your mom needs a valium. You're doing fine with your kids. I have so many neighbors who constantly comment on how laid-back I am as a first time mom. I think it helps that I was 30 when DD was born, and acquired a younger brother at the age of 10. You eventually learn that a little sore throat, a little eaten dirt, a skinned up knee etc. just isn't that big a deal. You'd drive yourself and your kids both insane if you freaked about every little thing. Tell your mom that if you need advice, you'll ask for it, otherwise, you've got things under control, and thanks so much for her confidence in your parenting abilities.
ceilismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 01:55 PM   #3
No Longer Here
My Mood:
Re: Another Injury

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote