Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2007, 06:11 PM   #11
imommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What dye to I use to dye pf's?

For lighter colors I usually let them sit for an hour or two...darker colors are longer because the color sets in more. For the blues and reds I always soak overnight. I think the only colors I've done that I use the "regular" amount of time or shorter amount of time are olive green, yellow, lime green, burnt orange...I think that's it.

I lay them in kinda folded or twisted and they turn out kinda like they're tie-dyed. I don't have the time to actually tie-dye right now so this is the next best thing .

Here's a pic of some of the ones I did almost a year ago with Dylon that turned out "tie-dyed" without doing anything but putting them into the sink twisted or folded over each other - burnt orange, navy blue and olive green:

I love to spread the prefold (and prefold dyeing) love. It's so fun!

Advertisement

Old 02-02-2007, 06:47 PM   #12
Menfusse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What dye to I use to dye pf's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imommy View Post
For lighter colors I usually let them sit for an hour or two...darker colors are longer because the color sets in more. For the blues and reds I always soak overnight. I think the only colors I've done that I use the "regular" amount of time or shorter amount of time are olive green, yellow, lime green, burnt orange...I think that's it.

I lay them in kinda folded or twisted and they turn out kinda like they're tie-dyed. I don't have the time to actually tie-dye right now so this is the next best thing .

Here's a pic of some of the ones I did almost a year ago with Dylon that turned out "tie-dyed" without doing anything but putting them into the sink twisted or folded over each other - burnt orange, navy blue and olive green:

I love to spread the prefold (and prefold dyeing) love. It's so fun!
Those are awsome!!! I can't wait to get started now! I think I will get two colors since it isn't expensive. YEY!