Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-20-2009, 02:42 PM   #11
Jenfrogmomcpst
Registered Users
Formerly: Say It With Heat
seller

Re: Home Daycare mommies

I do feel worn out. Over the last 12 months I have had them nothing has really changed. My son was a pretty difficult little man as a baby but, he grew out of it around 6-9 months. The twins should be growing out of this stage. The other kids get very annoyed by the crying. Their mom told me to play music all the time. Yeesh...sometimes we just want it quiet. Especially, when others are trying to sleep.

The crying is just constant. If I try to hold them they want to get down and then cry on the floor. I really am puzzled by this. I have watched a LOT of kids in my life but, none like this. If I hold Natalie for a few minutes when she gets here she does a little better. Trent has now screamed for a total of 3 hrs today already! He has slept 15 minutes! Come on...that is nuts! They have been here since 9:30 a.m.

I talked to dh about telling their mom tonight that I can't care for them anymore. I will not tell them it is because of the screaming (I don't want to hurt her.) Dh is totally on board and says he just wants me happy again. Still so nervous to do this and feel like a faliure.

I was also shocked that someone told me to get into a different line of work. She doesn't even know me. Kinda mean imo. I feel like crap as it is.

Advertisement

Last edited by Jenfrogmomcpst; 04-20-2009 at 02:46 PM.
Jenfrogmomcpst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:08 PM   #12
nakedbabytoes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had a child who started with me at 3 months of age and just left for preschool at 3 years. She cried at everything. First response always, to freak out. Hated car rides. The whole time I had her, she screamed the entire time we went to get my son from school.
Her parents called her "high maintence" and she was.
I don't miss the crying.
I feel badly that some kids just are more sensitive to the environment than others. It's gotta be horrible for the kid who's always on high alert.
For us, it's just our ears & eventually, our nerves.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:11 PM   #13
i&a's mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenfrogmom View Post
I do feel worn out. Over the last 12 months I have had them nothing has really changed. My son was a pretty difficult little man as a baby but, he grew out of it around 6-9 months. The twins should be growing out of this stage. The other kids get very annoyed by the crying. Their mom told me to play music all the time. Yeesh...sometimes we just want it quiet. Especially, when others are trying to sleep.

The crying is just constant. If I try to hold them they want to get down and then cry on the floor. I really am puzzled by this. I have watched a LOT of kids in my life but, none like this. If I hold Natalie for a few minutes when she gets here she does a little better. Trent has now screamed for a total of 3 hrs today already! He has slept 15 minutes! Come on...that is nuts! They have been here since 9:30 a.m.

I talked to dh about telling their mom tonight that I can't care for them anymore. I will not tell them it is because of the screaming (I don't want to hurt her.) Dh is totally on board and says he just wants me happy again. Still so nervous to do this and feel like a faliure.

I was also shocked that someone told me to get into a different line of work. She doesn't even know me. Kinda mean imo. I feel like crap as it is.
Don't feel like a failure. You have to look out for your family and your needs, too. I would encourage you to tell the mama why, though. It sounds like there are issues that might need to be addressed there.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:38 PM   #14
Jenfrogmomcpst
Registered Users
seller

I told her tonight that I want to do other things (like working part-time at the Y.) She was upset and crying. Though, she did tell me she understands. I feel like junk but, I know I did what is right for me and my family.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:56 PM   #15
babyGmommy
Registered Users
seller

mama i just wanted to give you a ... i am in the this feild of work and it is hard on us mamas. and know what its hard on the other kids that have to be around that. sure they ignore it after a while but its always there and it hard on your day.

i hope things get better for you in what ever decision you make for your family
Old 04-20-2009, 07:58 PM   #16
Kimmyann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

First I do apoligize for telling you to find a new line of work.

I am having daycare issues with my providers so I took it out on you and that was wrong of me. I didn't mean to upset you.

But if you are so frustrated that you can't stand it anymore then just tell the mama.

Give her some time to find a new place for the twins and then cut your ties work wise with them.

If I were that mama I would rather find a place for my kids so they didn't cry all day even if it mean putting them some place where they could watch tv all day and listen to music. My son's daycare plays music during naptimes and it doesn't bother the kids just a suggestion to give it a try.

Last edited by Kimmyann; 04-20-2009 at 08:01 PM.
Kimmyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:08 PM   #17
Jenfrogmomcpst
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the support. I told her she can take as much time as she needs to find a new sitter. Her and I have been friends for 12 years. I really hope this didn't ruin our friendship.

Kimmyann, it is ok. We all have our days / moments. I am sorry you are having a rough time as well. I noticed our son's are 12 days apart.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:55 AM   #18
jacquelinemarie82
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

You have done the right thing mama....it was the right thing for you and your son and the other children in your care. In addition, your dh is right that he just wants to have his happy wife back. I think it is a HUGE deal that you have watched these kids for a year...I mean the boy cried for 3 hours and that is after a year of being in your care!!! Don't feel bad mama. You wanted to make the right choice and you did your best to ask for help and make a final decision.
jacquelinemarie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:03 AM   #19
Jenfrogmomcpst
Registered Users
seller

Re: Home Daycare mommies *UPDATE*

Updated