Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-21-2009, 04:27 PM   #1
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Tips for Yosemite trip activities with kids??

SO, we are heading to Yosemite on Thursday around noon with my three (ages 6, 3, 15 mo) plus 3 yo nephew (brother and SIL dont want to drive that far with 6 mo nephew). I wish I woudl have posted this sooner!!

Our current plan is to drive as far as we can, stop fpr dinner and sleep in some hotel, eat breakfast, finish the drive there or mosey around the town for the day until we can check into our cabin at 4pm Friday. We are going with all the extended family, who will arrive late Friday and couldnt make the drive on a Friday (traffic). Plus, we want to let them get their energy out before sleeping in a new place.

So, we have a VERY limited budget (free is preferred ) and want ideas for daytime fun with these kids. It should be hot so we will be open to indoor and outdoor anythings. Anyone have any ideas?

I have already done some reasearch but it seems a lot of the activity things dont start until summer and its been very difficult to nail down locations of ANYTHING! Specific places would be appreciated!!

Advertisement

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 06:13 PM   #2
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tips for Yosemite trip activities with kids??

When we went we spent our time hiking. That's free, and a great way to spend the trip there. Where are you staying before you check in to your cabin? We stayed in Fresno, so I might be able to help you with something to do there. The Fresno zoo is really cheap.

Also, it should only be a one day drive from Pendleton to Fresno. It takes about 5-6 hours, depending on traffic in LA. We take the 405 up to 5, and then hit 99 into Fresno.

If you get a chance, a side trip to Sequoia is worth it. I really like Sequoia much more than Yosemite which is, IMO, very over rated. Yosemite is really crowded, and aside from the waterfalls and half dome there isn't much to see. They aren't too far apart, either.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:55 AM   #3
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Re: Tips for Yosemite trip activities with kids??

Thanks for the info! I think we will stay in Fresno, I am not worried about the drive taking more than six hours. I am more worried that we will get up to yYosemite and not have a place to sleep that night! I am definitely going to look at Sequioa (sp??). And, we are planning the same driving route...

Anyone else? It looks as if the weather may not be cooperating with us this weekend .

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote