Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2007, 08:24 AM   #11
Kylie&Logan'sMommy
A Mommy's Work is Never Done
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: WTH??? I "thought" she was doing better

well its good to know that it is that marker, it comes off pretty easily. I am sorry that you are going through all of this. Maybe you can get someone to watch the kids and go and take a nice hot bath?

Advertisement

Old 02-02-2007, 08:28 AM   #12
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancifulFanny View Post
You could also be affected by the seasonal disorder. The cold, less sunlight, short day...they affect people horribly.

My dh doesn't get that whole thing either - being able to just go into a store - pop in - ya know. There's no popping in my life any more.

I know someone whose 2 yo *drew* on their bed - unfortunately she was drawing with a car key and iut was on the footboard. I'm impressed she allowed her daughter to continue to breathe.

I know I don't have the seasonal disorder, I am generally in great spirits. It's just that I was looking forward to our getaway and just last week it was cancelled. People close to us are having some serious issues and it does affect us greatly. It's just one thing after another and I'm just not able to release it all in the way I need to.

I miss the "popping"
Old 02-02-2007, 08:29 AM   #13
2sweetboys
Registered Users
seller
seller

My 3 year old is like this. We go to the local gym once in awhile and for like $2 they get to run around the basketball court and run out their energy. Maybe you could do something like that. It isn't that expensive and they can run around and play and I don't have to worry about them hurting themselves or breaking anything! (and they can't get away from me)
Old 02-02-2007, 11:08 AM   #14
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Dawn, I'm so sorry! I had a hard time with my 4yr old too. Personality wise that is...not necissarily behavior wise. I still do at times but I'm making a massive effort.

I really think you need some more time away from Madi...maybe enroll her part time in daycare. I know it costs more but your sanity is worth it. Maybe less time together would be good for you all. Also, someone else MAKING her behave might help.

I'd be livid if my 4yr old did that...seriously livid. At that age they just know better. I'm so sorry!!

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:29 PM   #15
sienna
Registered Users

poor you.

S
sienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 03:14 PM   #16
beenwaitingalongtime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm so NOT a crier, but I'm all teary. It's just one thing after the other for you. You can't seem to catch a break.
You're exactly right. DD knows exactly what she did which is why she brought you in to see what she'd done. Ugh. What happened to the 'terrible twos' being the worst of it all?
What PP said about her DC being too tired to act up once they reached K was right on for my nephew--he's SO much less mischievious now.
Is there a neighbor or someone local that you can say 'I need a break NOW' to and get away for a little while--even if just for a cup of tea or something?
Beyond that, do any of the kids have any 'issues' that'd qualify you for respite care (state paid babysitting so parents can take a breather)?
So sorry...sounds miserable for you. I'd take your kids for a few hrs. in a heartbeat if you weren't so far away. ('course, sounds like then I'D need some respite afterward, but still
Old 02-02-2007, 05:53 PM   #17
sunshinemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

mama, I am right there with you. I have a 4.5 yr old ds who has to be your daughters double. I am hoping it's a phase. I think you need a break maybe sit and have a heart to heart w/dh. I know he has stress to but you need breaks too.
sunshinemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 08:52 PM   #18
mommyto2presidents
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I read your prior post about her pushing your buttons, but honestly don't remmber all that you have done.

Do you have a program through the school system where you could call for an evaluation with a behavioralist? Perhaps they could help you try to find the root of the problem or suggest different coping techniques for you?

Just thinking off the cuff here....