Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2007, 11:27 AM   #1
MamaZ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Sunshine Radian 80

Once my DD outgrows her Scenara (which I absolutely love and recommend ) I was going to get her a Sunshine Radian 80 so I'll never have to buy another one for her Anyone have it and how do they like it?

Advertisement

MamaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:48 AM   #2
tyles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Sunshine Radian 80

I would save $100 and just get a Radian65. It's the exact same seat with a different label. I just got mine and installed it last night. I love it. I sat my 67lb 10yo in it and she still fits. My 8yo has broad shoulders, otherwise he could still use it. I haven't gone anywhere yet so my 2yo hasn't sat in it other than in the house, but he liked it then.

It is tricky to install and doesn't fit every vehicle. I got a nice tight fit with a seatbelt in my 2001 villager (passenger side rear bench). I don't think I would like it rear facing, if it's warm this weekend, I may try it out. I'd also like to try it in dh's Durango just to see how it fits.
Do I owe you feedback?! Don't hesitate to remind me!
tyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:52 AM   #3
Tasha
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyles View Post
I would save $100 and just get a Radian65. It's the exact same seat with a different label. I just got mine and installed it last night. I love it. I sat my 67lb 10yo in it and she still fits. My 8yo has broad shoulders, otherwise he could still use it. I haven't gone anywhere yet so my 2yo hasn't sat in it other than in the house, but he liked it then.

It is tricky to install and doesn't fit every vehicle. I got a nice tight fit with a seatbelt in my 2001 villager (passenger side rear bench). I don't think I would like it rear facing, if it's warm this weekend, I may try it out. I'd also like to try it in dh's Durango just to see how it fits.
We have the Radian80, and it is the same seat as the Radian65, except that it can hold up to 80lbs, instead of 65lbs. It you have a heavier child, maybe consider the Radian80. We love the seat and it wasn't any harder to install than our other seats. My 4.5 year old has one, and we are getting another for the baby to use rearfacing.
Tasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:51 PM   #4
snowbird25ca
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyles View Post

:yeah:

The harness heights are the same in both, so if your dc isn't on the high end of the weight charts, then just go with the radian65.

The seat installs well in most cars when you use LATCH, however most cars you can't use latch past 40 or 48lbs (depending on your car,) so you'll need to make sure you can get a tight install with just the seatbelt. Some cars it's pretty easy, others it's near impossible. So you'll need to try it in your car before buying it to make sure you can get a tight install with the seatbelt.
snowbird25ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 10:35 AM   #5
raceNzanesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Try before you buy is always best. If you can't, make sure you buy from a place that has a good return policy.

My friend just bought the radian65 for her 4 y/o. Her almost 8 y/o also fits it. If you're dd is heavy then I'd go with the R80, if not, then the R65 should be plenty.

CPS Tech to all- Need car seat/booster help? EMAIL me.
raceNzanesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 10:39 AM   #6
MamaZ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks mamas Maybe I will lean towards the Radian65. It's super easy to get a good fit in my van since it's a full size van and I can kneel in the seat while DH does his part It's always a group effort in my house My DD is 23lbs now but if she's like my DS, he just finally hit 40lbs and he's 4 1/2 years old

Thanks mamas!!
MamaZ is offline   Reply With Quote