Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-20-2009, 08:43 PM   #11
Registered Users
Re: The BITING!!!

Originally Posted by jennak View Post
Unfortunately I'm having the same problem
DD just turned 10 months on Saturday, and she's been biting the crap out of me for a couple weeks. It's not every time, but MAN it HURTS. She has TEN teeth too. OMG i hate it.
Aurora only has 5 (she's working on 2 or 3 more which is why she's in so much pain.) I cannot imagine if she was doing this with TEN teeth. OMG-- you poor mama My nipples would probably be under reconstructive surgery if that were the case

I'm me.
Lifemate to sweet Eric. SAHM to my DD Big A [3/14/03] and DD Little A [5/30/08]
luvmybaby333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:11 PM   #12
Adyson's Mommy
Registered Users
My Mood:

Oh Mammas your posts scare me! I had a lot of issues when I first started BFing. It was unbearable pain!!! I am so scared of teeth! LO doesn't have any yet, but she'll sometimes still bite down, and boy does it HURT! I have just been telling her firmly "Don't bite!", and when she just starts playing around I put the boob away. So far, so good.....but I don't ever want her to get teeth!
Adyson's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:08 AM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

LOL, I just had to tell you that I laughed out loud when I first opened your post and read, "Sigh. The biting." and then I looked over at the sweet picture of your cute little girl.

My son was a major biter and it finally stopped when I would press his whole little head into my boob to smother him, instead of pulling him away. He got the picture pretty quickly that when he bites, he can't breathe for a second. I also think it was our first 'power struggle'. It was the first boundary I wouldn't let him cross and he had to keep testing me. I eventually won.

Don't let her hurt your feelings. Us Moms are the safe place to fall when our kids aren't feeling too hot. If she is teething, she might be taking her frustrations out on you. I'm not saying that you shouldn't nip it in the bud, but it isn't personal. Being Mom is unfortunately thankless those first few years. My daughter is 6 now and I am just barely starting to reap the rewards of everything I put into that relationship.
BoBella is offline   Reply With Quote