Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2007, 09:34 PM   #1
Irish Mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Is there anyone who does 100% custom dipes?

I made a little extra money today (a VERY successful FSOT party with some friends...thank goodness so many girls were born to my circle of friends in the last year! ), and I want to splurge on my very first fully custom diaper. I have an idea of the print I'd like to have for the outer, but the only place I've seen it is out of stock and won't be restocking. However, I'm sure if I surfed some fabric sites long enough, I could find something similar. Is there anyone out there who will make a totally custom dipe, including purchasing new fabric for the outer?

Spam me if you want! I'm wanting a cute fitted that will be fairly absorbent, but also trim for daytime use. I'm also very into bamboo fabrics.

Thanks!

Advertisement

Irish Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 09:52 PM   #2
My3babes
Registered Users

Re: Is there anyone who does 100% custom dipes?

I dont have bamboo.. but i have a large fabric stash I dont have pics of on my site, lol.

What print you looking for and if I dont have it.. i might know another wahm that does
Old 02-02-2007, 09:54 PM   #3
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

What a great idea, 100% custom diapers. huh
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:11 PM   #4
Irish Mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Stacey - This is the one I'm interested in (it's a Mutt on buttercupbaby.com):

It's such a simple stripe that I can't imagine it would be difficult to find something similar, but for some reason, it totally makes me drool. And boy patterns don't usually do that for me.

Kaela - OK, are you being serious or sarcastic? LOL. I'm new to CDing and really don't know. I hear so much around here about custom longies using custom colorways, that I just assumed the same would hold true of dipes.

Old 02-02-2007, 10:33 PM   #5
My3babes
Registered Users

Now see stripes are one thing I dont have a ton of I was figuring it would be a print fabric that I would be able to lay my hands on.. lol.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:47 PM   #6
Irish Mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by My3babes View Post
Now see stripes are one thing I dont have a ton of I was figuring it would be a print fabric that I would be able to lay my hands on.. lol.
It is funny that I'm so in love with a stripe, isn't it? I don't know why I love that one so much, but ya know how sometimes you see a dipe and just think, "I must have!"? Yeah, that's how it was with this.

Old 02-03-2007, 08:20 AM   #7
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:

Lots of WAHM's will do all custom diapers. I've sent in outer fabrics, inner fabrics, soakers, etc. Just contact some of your favorites, and see if they will do it. You could also try Nana's Bottoms here on DS. I think her screen name is momof7. Her diapers are very nicely made, and the couple of times I've worked with her has been great!
Old 02-03-2007, 08:30 AM   #8
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

No I was not being sarcatic at all! I think totally custom diapers would be awesome! Yes some do customs but they use whatever pattern they have, I've never seen anyone do TOTALLY custom where you can send your childs measurments and tell them if you want a wide crotch or narrow or serged or T&T, fs, SS or aplix, there are so many choices to make for one diaper lol. I'm betting the only ones willing to take on a challenge like that are people who are new to the WAHM sceen because nobody with an established business would take the time required to do that. It would be awesome though!
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 08:39 AM   #9
thumbelinadiapers
Registered Users

I do bamboo velours, and often do customs. Actually, the majority of the time, unless someone orders a small or newborn, I contact them to find out waist and rise, so this wouldn't be a stretch. My dipes are priced at 18.95, but it is a great value, considering it'll be custom and a handpicked print. I understand how you feel when you just fall in love with a print. I have felt that way lots of times! I've found that having getting a diaper made specially for my baby makes me love it that much more!!! PM me if interested.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:27 AM   #10
KelliandKaci
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Mama View Post
Stacey - This is the one I'm interested in (it's a Mutt on buttercupbaby.com):

It's such a simple stripe that I can't imagine it would be difficult to find something similar, but for some reason, it totally makes me drool. And boy patterns don't usually do that for me.

Kaela - OK, are you being serious or sarcastic? LOL. I'm new to CDing and really don't know. I hear so much around here about custom longies using custom colorways, that I just assumed the same would hold true of dipes.
ME TOO!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that diaper. I don't know what it is about it, but I was drooling over it too. Not to mention that's a mutt and I would have loved to get my hands on it. It's gorgeous and that's not something I often say about "boy" diapers.
KelliandKaci is offline   Reply With Quote