Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-03-2007, 04:44 PM   #11
Registered Users
Re: UGH!! I give up!!

We leaked out of SB's and BG's both. We can get away with using them, but for a much shorter time or else leaks. It's no fun I know but don't give up yet!

sweetiejo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 05:06 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

My dd is NOT a heavy wetter and she leaks out of SB AIO too.....
nikkiof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 05:13 PM   #13
Registered Users

My DD has been a heavy wetter since birth & I've had really good luck with Very Baby pockets. I stuff them with 1 microfiber towel & 1 6 layer hemp jersey insert and that can last her about 2 hours. I absolutely love AIOs for convenience, but I couldn't add enough doublers for them to work. So, pockets it is for us.
CamsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 05:14 PM   #14
Registered Users

i've found that i have to stuff my sb aios with the sb mf insert and that helps with leaking.

sienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 06:32 PM   #15
My Mood:

How about PF's and covers? I really don't like pockets and my boy is a HEAVY wetter and a major soaker! Hemp PF's all the way baby!
RedneckWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 06:51 PM   #16
Technicial girl extraordinaire
My Mood:

My dd isn't a heavy wetter, only at night does she heavily wet.
We found at night using BP worked like a charm! Although we also wanted something for during the day and to be honest our Prestons Pants are harsh workhorses - she's not peed through one yet!

We also had the problem with peeing right through BG's too... and fuzzi bunz...

Allye:: Mama to 5 ::
allye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 07:04 PM   #17
Registered Users
My Mood:

CD'ing got tricky for us around that age. My dd soaked right thru the sb aio's and bg 1.0 we had. I could get *maybe* 1.5 hours out of an sb aio if I stuffed an additional mf towel in the pocket, which made it all bunched up and oddly-fitting. We have since moved to mainly pockets - fb and hh. The hh's are timmer, but just a little. I am finding the vb aio's to be a nice change of pace, though.

Have you tried combining the mf and hemp? I got fed up with how extreme the comercially available hemp inserts were - they either seemed WAY too thin, like, two layers, or really honking thick and stiff, so I ended up buying some hemp terry by the yard and making my own inserts. I made several different thicknesses, from three layers to seven (that's right - seven, and I don't even use that by itself). I use them and layer them with a mf insert on top. If you're worried about bulk, I've found those super-thin mf towels from walmart - the 8 for $4.96 pack - are great as a little additional oomph on top of hemp. I will admit - my dd has a big cloth butt, but I am more than willing to accept that if it means she can stay in cloth and I don't have to buy sposies. For trimness, the sb tester pocket is a dream.

I know you said you couldn't really afford a different stash, but you could probably trade some of what you have to try out a few different options. I mean, might as well try a few things if you're to the point of quitting. Just think of how nasty sposies smell - that's what kept me looking for cloth solutions.
Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote