Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-01-2009, 11:39 AM   #1
baldy421
Registered Users

stroller help needed

Hi, so I'm expecting twins sometime between now and May 21st. I already have a 32 month old dd and a 16 month old ds. I am trying to figure out what kind of stroller I should I get. My dd rides in one now and doesn't seem to mind, plus she likes to run, but I use a backpack leash to keep her close. My ds rides in a stroller also and doesn't care one bit about being out of it. Should I get a triple stroller and put a board on back so my dd can sit if she needs to or should I go with a quad? Any advice would be great. Also right now, my dh is deployed so I would have my kids all the time together. TIA! Shelagh

Advertisement

baldy421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:47 PM   #2
bobandjess99
Registered Users
seller

Re: stroller help needed

hhmm..I'd probably get a joovy big caboose, here http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...LAID=107509515

It has 2 seats for the babies, plus a sit and stand platform...even though the sit/stand platform is for one kid, you can actually put 2 kids back there, the 16 mo sitting on the sit board and the bigger kid standing on the stand board, so it's going to be the smallest, cheapest "quad" stroller I can think of.

Or, an actual quad, like this
http://comfortfirst.com/p-28496-foun...-shipping.aspx if you think you will need it,

however..I think for the most part, you aren't going to be doing big outings or anything, right? (In which case, a larger wagon would probably be the best bet,once the twins can sit up) So an easier way to go might be just a regular double plus a simgle..have the 3 yo push the single and you push the double.

Last edited by bobandjess99; 04-03-2009 at 08:49 PM.
bobandjess99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:57 AM   #3
e-dub
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I test drove the Joovy Big Caboose and hated it. It is a tank. Seriously. And it's still huge when folded--there is no way I could have lifted it to put it anywhere, and I don't think it would have fit in the back of my minivan anyway.

If you're willing to drop some serious $$, I do think the perfect option exists. And frankly, if you're doing twins with two toddlers all by yourself, I'd want gear that really worked for me. I have infant twins and one toddler, and the ability to get out of the house with all of them is soooo important in keeping your sanity.

I'd try the Valco Tri Mode twin stroller with the toddler seat and the add on hitch-hiker board. You could ditch the board if you're willing to wear one of your babies all the time. Maybe buy the add-on board later when your twins are too big for you to wear one a lot--spread out your costs that way.

links:
http://www.strollermama.com/valco-twin-trimode.htm
http://www.strollermama.com/valcobab...ccessories.htm

good luck! You're in for a wild ride, but you can do it!
Old 04-04-2009, 07:40 AM   #4
starbuckmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have seen the Valco a couple different times but didn't like the looks but each time I see it, it's growing on me! The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't have a parent tray. I would like to pics of the back of it. It looks like it may have pockets on the back of the seats. It does have a pocket on the side of the stroller. There is a cup holder that can be purchased separately tho. I wish is wasn't so much money. My dh wouldn't go for that.
starbuckmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:44 PM   #5
33andunder
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We love our Valco. We have it with a toddler seat and with a "board" on the back, so if our oldest prefers to walk, she can. This way, the stroller will take 4 kids! It's sturdy, and I can fold it up into the back of our minivan soo fast. I test drove the big joovy caboose, and I hated it! It's hard to steer and very bulky.
There's not a lot out there for parents of toddlers with multiple babies - If you want to make a couple million, invent a great stroller!
33andunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:25 AM   #6
vegaslilqt
Registered Users

My Mood:

So quick question on the Valco. Can the little ones in the back pick at the toddler in the front? My son is going thru his "don't touch me 3's" and my 2yr old loves to antagonize. I've been looking into triple strollers because we're soon to be adopting another toddler. It looks like it's just to tempting for the two in the back to grab the front one's feet. LOL
vegaslilqt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:33 AM   #7
33andunder
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The little ones in the back can't really touch the one in the front - If they had long legs, they might be able to kick to the toddler seat, but we haven't had a problem with this. The toddler in the front can reach the little ones behind them though. This hasn't been a problem for us (ours is still in the love my babies phase, which is hopefully not a phase!).
33andunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:42 AM   #8
rbutterfly13
Registered Users

when i did home daycare i had a baby trend triple stroller and my friend (who also did daycare) had a foundations quad stroller. and by far the quad stroller was easier to handle. the reason is the triple stroller is very long and that made it hard to turn. however the quad fit through most door ways and was kinda of like pushing a double stroller. also you need to take into account the type of car you have. i personally never drove anywhere with my triple as it was used for walks (and i only had a small car) but my friend tried to put it in her van and had a hard time but her quad fit fine.
rbutterfly13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:56 PM   #9
5IrishBabes
Registered Users
Formerly: FeliciaM07
seller

I loooove our Valco. I'm actually debating getting the board for the back bc DS is in the stage of wanting to get out of the stroller but, I still need the 3rd seat. I do wear the youngest alot though also. But, it's nice to have a seat to throw bags into. It's super sturdy and goes over every surface which I love. We have alot of dirt roads around here. And yes my DD can kick my DS and will occasionally.lol
5IrishBabes is offline   Reply With Quote