Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-24-2009, 12:32 PM   #1
rileykidmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ellie's home; surgery went well!

Just wanted to update. Ellie had her 15th surgery on Monday morning. She had a skin graft taken out, her skin expander taken out, and that expanded skin pulled across to replace the graft on her tummy. She also had her giant abdominal hernia repaired as much as it could be. We came home today; she still has a drain in her abdomen, but it's all good. We go to see her plastic surgeon on Monday. Please keep her in your prayers or thoughts for a speedy recovery. Thanks!

Oh yeah; please check her website in my siggy for hospital pics!

Advertisement

Last edited by rileykidmama; 04-24-2009 at 12:35 PM.
rileykidmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:37 PM   #2
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ellie's home; surgery went well!

is she doing ok?
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:54 PM   #3
TXmommy2be
Registered Users

My Mood:

I visited your website. Poor baby has been through a lot! She's beautiful!! I'm praying she recovers quickly. (((HUGS!!!)))

1 in 110 kids has autism. One of them is mine.
TXmommy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:36 PM   #4
aspensattic
Registered Users

My Mood:

I just checked out her page... what an amazing child; and what an amazing family for you to stay so strong. Sending you all love and prayers!!!

- jess

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileykidmama View Post
Just wanted to update. Ellie had her 15th surgery on Monday morning. She had a skin graft taken out, her skin expander taken out, and that expanded skin pulled across to replace the graft on her tummy. She also had her giant abdominal hernia repaired as much as it could be. We came home today; she still has a drain in her abdomen, but it's all good. We go to see her plastic surgeon on Monday. Please keep her in your prayers or thoughts for a speedy recovery. Thanks!

Oh yeah; please check her website in my siggy for hospital pics!
aspensattic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:41 PM   #5
Mom24Babes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm glad she's doing well...she's such a beautiful little girl!
I'm a consultant for The All Natural Face! Enter Consultant # 2107
Mom24Babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 06:40 PM   #6
rileykidmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcake2386 View Post
is she doing ok?
Yep; she's doing well, considering the extensive nature of the surgery. It's tough to get her pain under control, though. You can only do so much for her without ODing, and you wish you could have the pain instead of her, especially as her meds are wearing off before the next dose. We just tell her that each day will be a bit better than the last so she has a reason to look forward to tomorrow. She's our miracle; we wouldn't trade her for the world, scars and all.

Thanks so much for all of your thoughts and prayers everyone. They said recovery will be 6-8 wks, kinda like a c-section. I'll keep updating on her website (in my siggy) and on her caringbridge site (www.caringbridge.org, page name is "eleanorwynn").
Old 04-25-2009, 09:02 AM   #7
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

That is so heartbreaking that she has to go through {and has gone through} so many surgeries. She is so little. It just breaks my heart!

She is an amazing and beautiful little girl though! So are her parents! I am so glad to hear that she is home and doing well. I hope that you can keep the pain controlled for her.

We will definitely keep your family and Ellie in our thoughts and prayers!