Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-04-2007, 01:32 PM   #1
bluebonnet
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question Kissluvs 0 vs. XS-Sandy's???

I'm pregnant again (Yeah!!!!) and have been thinking about newborn fluff. I had a large variety of dipes the first time around, and this time, I know I want to go with fittes and covers.

So.. I have a few questions. If you've used both Kissluvs size 0 and XS-Sandy's...which one is better?

I've used the Kissluvs 0 and liked them, but they really were only good for 1 pee. I have my dd in Sandy's now (size small) and I know they would be way to big for a newborn. (at least, my newborn...My DD was a peanut and wore her Kissluvs 0 until she was 4 months old!) I like the Sandy's, but I'm curious out the XS ones fit and how absorbant they are compared to Kissluvs 0.

Also... Has anyone dyed Kissluvs before? I have sucessfully dyed my Sandy's and they turned out great! I tried dying a kisluvs baby wipe and it did not hold the color very well...

Thanks for any help/advice!!

Advertisement

Old 02-04-2007, 03:16 PM   #2
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Kissluvs 0 vs. XS-Sandy's???

Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 03:23 PM   #3
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

i am also going to do fitteds and covers when this baby comes and havent tried either of these before
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 03:37 PM   #4
threekstrio
Registered Users
seller

I used both with DS1 and I quickly decided that the xs sandy's THE way to go!! : ) They are more absorbent, they fit better and longer, the snap configuration was easier, they contain bf poo like a dream. In fact my entire newborn stash with #2 was xs sandy's with xs airflow covers. And they are so super cute I didn't even want to sell them when we were done. They are a wonderful resell value too. Hope it helps mamas!
threekstrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 03:41 PM   #5
eyelashes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well.. I didn't dye my kissaluv's on purpose, but I accidentally washed about six of my son's size 0's with a red newborn sized stocking hat.. and they are quite a sweet baby pink now. That was about two weeks ago, and they are holding the color pretty well, unfortunately!

eta: I don't make a practice of washing dirty dipes with other stuff - it accidentally fell in the wash.

Last edited by eyelashes; 02-04-2007 at 03:45 PM.
eyelashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 06:05 PM   #6
joyful mother
Registered Users
seller
seller

I used to not wash things together until I hit about dc#3 then I discovered I was always washing something so why not throw in the diapers then they hardly sit.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:29 AM   #7
bluebonnet
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's what I was thinking.... I love how soft the Kissluvs 0's are, but Sandy's are just such great diapers in terms of durability and absorbancy. I think I might order one right now and see if my non-cloth diaper friend will let me try it out on her son.....(he's 7lbs right now)

If you've used XS- Sandy's.... does it bother the umbilical cord??