Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-05-2007, 10:02 AM   #1
karmamama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
MEOS

I love the fit of MEOS on my 23lb 9 month old; they are the perfect absorbancy for at home (with the snap in) and they actually fit under her regular pants. So I'm needing a few more dipes and my instinct is to get some more of these....but she's already on the second to last snap setting. And for future use, they seem pretty wide in the crotch for a newborn (both my girls were about 8.5lbs at birth, and I'm guess any other full-term babes would be at least this size).

So has anyone successfully used MEOS from newborn to PL? Or is this really an impossible diapering feat?

Advertisement

karmamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:05 AM   #2
kyle98sean02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: MEOS

My friend did, but they were wide and bulky in the crotch for a little while.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:06 AM   #3
For The Love Of Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: tmolly
seller
seller

My Mood:

My ds was just like your dd, and I thought he would be outgrowing them too fast. He's 37 lbs at age 2, and on the last snap on one side, and the second snap the other. He's pretty stocky and they still seem to fit. I think at some point, he stopped growing out so much and started growing up. Or maybe lost baby fat and gained muscle?

I would go for it! I think they are great for nb sizes...

HTH!
For The Love Of Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:16 AM   #4
Hitchkids
Registered Users

we've used them from newborn to potty training. I will say that my kids in general tend to be on the smaller side though. They are a bit bulky on a newborn so we are likely to reach for something else then but that's only because I have other options. When I started with cloth, I had a 4 month old and an almost 3 yr old not interested in the potty yet. I started with about 30 of the MEOS and used them exclusively for about 18 months until our next child was born. At that point, I decided to try some of the x-small sandies for the newborn. They were just the right size for us but we still used the MEOS as our main diaper, especially in the diaper bag for a while. I still have some of the first batch of MEOS I bought 5 yrs ago. Not many because I didn't know not to bleach them at first and was crazy about using bleach to get rid of stains. That's what my MIL and Mom used to do so I figured it was what I should do. Well, the diapers don't last as long if you do that. As we started using other things as well, I started giving away some of the MOES I had as they just weren't being used as often. But that was only because I either had my MIL offering to buy new diapers for the new babies since they needed nothing else or I learned to make some AIO's on my own. But if I was in a budget crunch and didn't have anyone offering to buy diapers for us or didn't have the extra funds or time to sew, I would stick with what works. We never had an issue with them.
Hitchkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:20 AM   #5
karmamama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

wow...you ladies are quick

Thanks for the input. We are deffinitely on a tight budget, that's why I'm drawn to the one size options. I fully intend to have a couple more babes (just don't tell my dh) and need to diaper inexpensively.
karmamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:37 AM   #6
amhmtq
Registered Users

I've used them on the twins since they were newborns. Yes, they're a little bulky when they're little, but I think most of my dipes were bulky because I didn't notice that they were much more so than the other ones. You take the insert out for the newborn setting anyway, so that helps. Also, my 21 pound daughter is on the last snap setting in the largest setting. But...my 5 year old (40 pounds) was complaining the other day that he wanted to wear a diaper so he could be "just like the babies" (he's been out of diapers for over 3 years). I called his bluff, laughing, thinking he'd fold, but he didn't. So I put the MEOS on him and it was at the same setting as his 12-month-old sister but fit him more like trainer underwear. So, I guess what I'm saying is that it's not necessarily the weight that will make them grow out of it since a fat baby and a slimmer toddler could have the same waist/butt size.