Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-03-2007, 10:52 AM   #21
crunchymomma
Banned
seller

Re: Favorite highchair?

We have a combo from target.com.... had the "old" style blue one w/ my son and he used the table/desk part until he was 4. We have this one now http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...8&frombrowse=1 except in pink. Its awesome!

Advertisement

crunchymomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 02:07 PM   #22
kezoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have a Svan chair and totally love it! http://www.svanusa.com/svanchair.cfm We got the cherry one and it matches our kitchen table & chairs perfectly. I found it easy to clean, is adjustable, so you can change it as baby grows, and when they get old enough, you just take off the infant guard & tray and pull it right up to the table like a chair. Gavin used it and now Claire is using it, and it still looks good.
kezoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 02:51 PM   #23
betty_joanne
Registered Users
seller
seller

You don't have to get a high chair, kwim We had two given to us and we didn't really use them. What we have used is the fisher price healthy care booster seat. It is awesome.

http://www.babyuniverse.com/pro/baby...osterSeat.html

Last edited by betty_joanne; 02-04-2007 at 05:38 PM.
betty_joanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 05:32 PM   #24
vienna
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have a Graco Harmony and it works great for us. It is height adjustable, has 3 recline positions, a snack tray and the big tray with removeable top. The plus is you can easily remove the seat cover and toss it in the washing machine if it gets funky. It must be comfortable because my DD loves to just sit in it for the heck of it.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:16 PM   #25
Tad
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fither View Post
the stokke tripp trapp!!! we love love love it! this absolutely made my son a better solids eater. he just loves sitting right at the table, eye level with us. he never tries to get out of it, he's so happy in it!
I also love the Tripp Trapp!!
Tad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 08:36 PM   #26
aept
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
I also love the Tripp Trapp!!
Also called the Stokke Kinderzeat if you go to look it up now
aept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 08:47 PM   #27
mom_of_3g_1b
Registered Users
seller

We do the booster on the reg chair as well. My cousin had a really huge and bulky highchair for her dd and it kind soured the whole high chair thing to me. The one I have can recline for smaller babies, I loved to put the girls in them to watch mom.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:26 PM   #28
beenwaitingalongtime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Another vote for the Fisher Price Healthy Care Booster. We have a teeny house and can't fit a full highchair. We use the booster and can still push the chair into the table when not in use. We like that it's easily portable (carries like a purse) for trips to visit people and only $35ish so our two babysitters could have their own. My friends w/ multiple children all use this seat from 6m till they're ready to sit in the big chair.
We're holding onto the FPHC aquarium highchair we got until DD outgrown her carseat--we're trading it in towards a Britax instead!
Old 02-05-2007, 03:18 PM   #29
Malka
Registered Users
seller
seller

I really prefer using a booster seat strapped onto the chair. That said, we are onto our third highchair. Our first was given to us and was really old and had armrests with spaces under them so when ds1 started solids and wasn't quite sitting he would slump under the armrests. I still have it folded up in my basement in case we have guests and need an extra toddler seat, since it folds fairly small. The second I got on clearance and really liked the recline because I could put my dc in there and pull them up to the table while we were eating The tray was way too high though. That chair cracked, and dd2 couldn't reach the tray anyway, and was climbing out of it and the booster seat because they didn't have a five point harness. I had to get something suitable for dd because she was having weight gain issues and I wanted to make sure she was comfortable at the table. At the time no booster seats had 5 point harnesses so we ended up with a Graco Harmony on clearance. It's nice, but I hate how much space it takes up in my dining room. We also tried the seat that clamps onto the table, but it didn't fit our table and I returned it. If I had to get something now with a five point harness, I would get get the Fisher Price space saver highchair that straps onto a regular chair.
Malka is offline   Reply With Quote