Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-07-2009, 02:54 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: cd stash for twins?

Our twins were just under 5 lbs when they come home from the hospital and we used Bumgenius XS AIO. We have about 26 of them and I do laundry every other day. These are such great diapers and we are just now moving into the size smalls at 8 weeks old. I have 4 kids including the twins and I felt that prefolds required more attention and laundry, but that's just my experience with process of elimination. Good luck and PM of you have any other questions!!!!

Wife to Aaron of 13 years and counting , SAHM to Austin (6/22/02) , Dylan (8/11/05), Luke (2/13/09) and Adilynn (2/13/09)
adamuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:58 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

not twins, but both my daughters came home right at 5lbs. very few diapers worked bc of their tiny chicken thighs. with dd 1 i used preemie prefolds, COLORED preemie proraps(run smaller than the white ones), ocv swaddlebees fitteds and nanas bottoms. with dd2 i use fitteds i made to account for tiny thighs but a supersoaker bc all the preemie/nb dipes still fit older dd at 4 months but she peed straight through them. i also made my own pullon fleece and wool and wool wraps
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:35 PM   #13
Registered Users

My twins were both 6 1/2 lbs, and we used preemie prefolds and NB Bummis SWW. This worked well until they were about two months, and then we used infant prefolds and small covers during the day, and BG at night. They are 9 months now, and still in the same diapers, just trifolded in the covers. That is the beauty of prefolds, they can wear the same size for ages because you can adjust the fit.

About washing, we wash a small load every day, so that they are always really clean. I agree with the above that when the load gets too big you risk not getting them clean enough.
BlissedOutMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:44 PM   #14
Registered Users

My twins were almost 7 and 8 pounds and I used infant prefolds and NB covers. They've just outgrown the nb covers in the last few weeks (so we used them just over a month). I have a dozen good prefolds, a dozen cheap prefolds that I double, and had 9 NB covers. I now have only 5 covers, and that just isn't enough. Typically I wash about every 1-2 days, depending on my mood and energy level.
DanelleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:26 PM   #15
Registered Users

My boys were 6# and 6# 1oz at birth and I used GMD orange-edged prefolds with XS thirsties covers (one Bummis SWW NB and two prorap XSs) but they are already outgrowing them at 7 weeks (they are now 9.5# and 10#). Also the prefolds are completely soaked all the time. I did not get to use this size as much as I would have liked as I got very sick when they were 3 weeks old and we used sposies quite a bit (family were caring for them). I have 28 prefolds and 9 covers plus a two fitteds and an AIO. Do laundry every few days but don't go through my prefolds totally. I would recommend using snappies with the prefolds rather than just using the cover to keep them on as that keeps the BF poop in better and allows you to re-use the covers. I guess I'm going to try my small fitteds, infant prefolds with small covers (they seem they will be way too big as my XS covers are just too shorts, but plenty wide), small FB and small swaddlebees. I'm afraid the BF poop will just come out the sides of the pockets...
dulciaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:09 PM   #16
Registered Users
My Mood:

I didn't read all the responses but here is what I have done for diapering my twins. I bought 50 KLO's. I probably didn't need more than 25. I use xs Thirsties covers. Riley was 7lbs 3oz and Jonathan was 7lbs 15oz when born. They are now around 13 and 15lbs. They both fit in the klo's and thirsties still!

After they outgrow the klos and thirsties covers, then they will be onto prefolds and BSWW. I have some various fitted to use too, but it will primarily be prefolds.
Lynn, married to Jason, the worlds sexiest husband
SAHM to Nate and twins Riley and Jonathan and Lydia
"A Mother is Gods Love in Action"- Anon
starbuckmom is offline   Reply With Quote