Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-24-2006, 10:59 PM   #11
Radish4ever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: HBAC (past or future) POST HERE!!!

Wow, I cannot believe that your doctor said that about homebirths. That is unfounded and I would be leery when trusting him with mine or my child's life......

Here are some links for consideration:
http://www.cfmidwifery.org/pdf/CPM2000.pdf
http://www.compleatmother.com/homebirth/hb_safety.htm
http://foxnews.webmd.com/content/art...rc=rss_foxnews
http://www.globalmidwives.org/content.php?contentid=33

I'll post more later.....

Advertisement

Radish4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 11:19 PM   #12
LittleHobbitsMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would love love love to have a HBAC, but someone told me I can't according to Alaska state law, but I am still researching that. I have had TWO successful VBACs! The first was actually pitocin induced (usually a big no no with VBAC), and the second was completley and utterly natural (and really fast!). If I could answer any questions in the VBAC area, LMK! I would love to have a HBAC next so I could be at home with my family and share and enjoy the experience. I am hanging on for an HBAC story!!!
Old 05-26-2006, 05:49 AM   #13
absoluteprncss
Registered Users
seller

Well thanks for the links, I'll be looking into them for sure. As far as trusting him, I know that mostly he is trying to cover his butt legally, but I know his facts are off. And besides that, he did my emergency section and is the only one I would want should that happen again. I think everything will go great, but just in case.

As far as state law, it never occured to me that the state could forbid you from birthing at home, can they really do that?? Talk about taking away your rights. I'll look it up later to, just cause I am interested in Michigan has any similar laws.
absoluteprncss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 07:30 PM   #14
SerenitysBowtique
Registered Users
Formerly: Serenity0811
seller

My Mood:

I would like to have a HBAC but here in NY we are not allowed for the first Vbac after a c-section. I am trying for a VBAc this time around with ds#3. I had a vaginal birth 8 years ago and almost 2 years ago had my c-section due to fetal distress so I was told i am a good candidate. I hope we all can have the birth experience we are looking for this time around.

Dawn
Old 05-28-2006, 12:53 AM   #15
kkweight
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just thought i would pop in.
I only have one child and have been TTC now for 3 years. But my DD was a csection. If im able to have another child i would HBAC in a heartbeat. although the hospital that i would go to says they are VBAC friendly, they really are not.
In my state the best chances for a VBAC are at home. So, i wish you the best!! I would LOVE to do a HBAC.
kkweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 12:01 PM   #16
punkmama3
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity0811
I would like to have a HBAC but here in NY we are not allowed for the first Vbac after a c-section. I am trying for a VBAc this time around with ds#3. I had a vaginal birth 8 years ago and almost 2 years ago had my c-section due to fetal distress so I was told i am a good candidate. I hope we all can have the birth experience we are looking for this time around.

Dawn
Really? I had my first c/s with my 3rd and had no problems finding midwives that would do a HBAC after a section. Let me know where you are, I can send you along their info...

Old DS feedback here: http://www.kikifoxito.com/ds/forum/i...p?topic=2838.0
punkmama3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 12:05 PM   #17
punkmama3
Registered Users

I'm planning a UBAC, does that count? LOL.
I'm due in 6 wks (give or take), and I plan on being at home. I had my first section with my 3rd. I live in NY as well, and I'm curious about what Serenity said... I havent' had anyone give me any problems about having my baby at home, even if I did conceive 7 months postpartum (which is apparently a problme for some doctors???), and with all his medical problems, everyone seems to think I'd do just fine (I had 2 vaginal births before him, maybe that's why, Serenity?).

Old 05-29-2006, 07:24 PM   #18
contemplation31
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkmama3
I'm planning a UBAC, does that count? LOL.
I'm due in 6 wks (give or take), and I plan on being at home. I had my first section with my 3rd. I live in NY as well, and I'm curious about what Serenity said... I havent' had anyone give me any problems about having my baby at home, even if I did conceive 7 months postpartum (which is apparently a problme for some doctors???), and with all his medical problems, everyone seems to think I'd do just fine (I had 2 vaginal births before him, maybe that's why, Serenity?).
Hmmmmm,,,,. Conceiving 7 months after a C-Section?! Just remember that your uterus didnt have much time to heal before being stretched by the babe! This worries most OB's since it means that you have a possible weak spot that could rupture during labor. You should at least get a consult from a REPUTABLE MW. Good luck mama
contemplation31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:43 PM   #19
punkmama3
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by contemplation31
Hmmmmm,,,,. Conceiving 7 months after a C-Section?! Just remember that your uterus didnt have much time to heal before being stretched by the babe! This worries most OB's since it means that you have a possible weak spot that could rupture during labor. You should at least get a consult from a REPUTABLE MW. Good luck mama
My OB told me I healed beautifully, which is odd considering how fast I was out of the hospital after I had it (27 hours after the section, I left the hospital to follow my son to a NICU in another town). My husband told me I probably healed so fast because I was past having the section, and moving toward bringing my son home. *shrugs* I know I do have adhesions, which I think are now done breaking up (cause they really aren't pleasant when they are, at least for me), but they're nothing to worry about.
I've been pretty vigilant about keeping a close eye on anything that doesn't "seem right". I'm concerned about uterine rupture, even if it's a very low percentage (1% for a woman that hasn't been induced), but it's more like a worry that there IS a chance. I just try not to let that hinder me in any way. If it does happen, then I'll just get myself to the hospital asap.