Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-30-2009, 09:14 PM   #1
Leviswife
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Long period while TTC?

I am going on day 9 of my period. This is our 6th month of "not trying, but not preventing". I have never had a period this long before. It is usually between 5 and 6 days at the most. How long should I wait before I worry about this? It doesn't seem to be letting up at all either...

Advertisement

Old 04-30-2009, 10:19 PM   #2
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Long period while TTC?

Mine was like that last month, it did stop though. it just seemed to just keep coming and was totally abnormal, much heavier than usual as well. I would think if it goes on for more than 10 days and doesn't start getting lighter you should def see your doc.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:59 PM   #3
dkg354boy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Did you take provera or anything to start up your cycle? Like PP said regaurdless I would call the Dr. after 10days of no slowing. SS you are having to deal with the hag so long. Praying all is well.
Christine,Proud LDS wife to the love of my life David and Mama to six wonderful children, Darien(16) kayla(14) Princess Paige(8) Braeden(6) Abigail(3) Baby Caitlynn(21 months) three little beans in heaven, never forgotten

dkg354boy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:05 PM   #4
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's not necessarily having a long irreg period that's a problem, but if you're bleeding fairly heavily for that long you could become anemic.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:07 PM   #5
Leviswife
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Nope, I haven't taken anything. This just is totally abnormal for me. I am actually still a little bit crampy even tonight. I guess I'll call the doctor tomorrow and see what they say. Hopefully it's just one of those weird things that happens and it's not something else...
Old 05-01-2009, 08:53 AM   #6
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had a strange AF this last cycle, and ended up here now. AF wasn't heavy the whole time, there were days of spotting and even one day of nothing in the middle, but all in all it lasted 13 days.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:58 AM   #7
dkg354boy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mandi,
How are you today? Did you call the Drs? Hope all is well. Keep us updated.
Christine,Proud LDS wife to the love of my life David and Mama to six wonderful children, Darien(16) kayla(14) Princess Paige(8) Braeden(6) Abigail(3) Baby Caitlynn(21 months) three little beans in heaven, never forgotten

dkg354boy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:08 AM   #8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Something like that happened to me before. I'm actually on CD7 with red bleeding still, even though it's not much. Usually it lasts 5-6 days for me. Several months ago I had bleeding that lasted about two weeks, but not heavy. Just kind of brownish, little bit of red. I never went to the doctor bc I didn't have insurance.. so I have no idea what caused it.
Emi Marie, 8.15.14

2208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:08 AM   #9
Leviswife
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I called and talked to a nurse this morning and she didn't seem concerned. It is the same today. It's red and it's not spotty, it's regular flow. She said she would leave a note for the other doctor in the office (mine is gone till Tuesday) and see if she wanted to do anything about it and I haven't heard back from them yet. If it was starting to be brown or slow down I wouldn't worry about it so much, but it's not slowing down at all.