Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-26-2009, 01:17 PM   #1
katedanzer
Good things come in small packages
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Unhappy Warning about low-tone kids and conventional strollers

We found out the hard way they don't mix E has been so great at sitting unsupported, I thought it he would be ok in a regular baby stroller for a dance comp. He's usually in his kid kart, but that thing is so huge & heavy. Well, we did ok for the test walk the afternoon before. Sat came, brought out the stroller in the morning and he was sitting well. Got busy trying to get dd ready and I heard a crash & scream. E had dropped something and leaned over to see where it went & the entire stroller tipped over with him in it

I wasn't even thinking that b/c of his growth issues his weight distribution isn't the same as most children. We didn't have anything underneath or hanging on the handle of the stroller. It was just the weight of throwing his head over that was enough to tip. E was ok, just terrified to sit back in a stoller. I guess it's either his powerchair or kid kart whenever we go out now

Advertisement

Old 04-26-2009, 04:16 PM   #2
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Warning about low-tone kids and conventional strollers

Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:03 AM   #3
rileykidmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Whoa! Not fun. We usually use a stroller for Ellie because she's still small enough to fit in one. Maybe we should start using her chair.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:47 AM   #4
jks06457
Registered Users

My Mood:

why not a BOB or other high quality jogger? they have a high weight limit and great harnesses and are smaller than what is sonds like you use. kelty is very nice too.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:50 PM   #5
reneex5
Registered Users
seller

my son daniel has autism. i used the graco quatro until 2 years ago. he just turned 8. i had to keep him confined when we were out during my other sons baseball games. he's a small kid. just over 40lbs now. maybe look into one of those.

i'm glad he didnt get hurt!

looking for kooshie keisters? check these outhttp://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=852666
reneex5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:11 AM   #6
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I'm sorry mama
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote