Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-03-2009, 09:06 PM   #1
wendow
Registered Users
seller

Question for those who've relactated

I've been pumping for 2 weeks today and I just started Domperidone 2 days ago. I was on Reglan prior to that. I'm getting a couple of drops with each pumping and usually only out of one side. My nipples are sore, I'm exhausted and I'm getting discouraged. Please tell me this is normal at this point and that there will be milk in a greater quantity soon. My ds will not latch on & I try to pump every 2-3 hours. But during the night, I go one 5 hour stretch b/c my LC told me that was ok.

~Wendy

Advertisement

wendow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:55 AM   #2
wendow
Registered Users
seller

Re: Question for those who've relactated

Bumping for some help/encouragement.

I know a couple of you have successfully relactated. I just don't know when to expect more than a drop or 2.

Anyone?
Old 05-04-2009, 09:09 AM   #3
mama0609
Banned
seller

It takes time mama... You may not see milk for a while...

How long has it been since you nursed? That's the best indicator.... It takes as long as it's been since you last BF'd to achieve supply. So if it's been 3 months, it could take 3 months to get milk back.

You can do this! It took me 3 months (I hadn't nursed DS since he was a few days old) to get 12 oz a day... That was with pumping 2 hours around the clock, herbs, domperidone, oatmeal....

Are you already on domperidone? My recommendation to you is to stop until you have milk production... Once you are producing some milk (couple oz a day), then start taking it... It's really not effective unless you already have milk production (IME).

Good luck! You CAN do this mama! Patience, time and determination and you can!
mama0609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:57 AM   #4
wendow
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the response! It has been 6 months since I bf (only for a couple of days & my ds just turned 6 months). I guess what is concerning me is that only one side really seems to be producing & it's not increasing at all. I've had a breast surgery & I'm worried that is going to hinder any success. Why stop the Dom? Isn't that supposed to increase milk production? TIA
Old 05-04-2009, 12:35 PM   #5
mama0609
Banned
seller

Dom works best when there is already significant milk production going on. IME anyway.

Since it's been 6 months, you'll need to give it at least 1/2 that before saying it's not working... It really does take time! It was 6 months for me and it took me 3 months to see a significant amount (12 oz a day).
mama0609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:49 PM   #6
wendow
Registered Users
seller

Ok, I'll be patient even though I don't wanna Thanks for sharing your experience!

wendy