Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-16-2008, 02:50 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Are you in Omaha, NE?

I have a good friend who just found out she's pregnant and was asking about my OB, who I'd no longer recommend to anyone. She's looking for a female OB who would support her in going a more natural route, and she will not under any circumstance deliver at Methodist (she worked there and hated it lol). Did your OB happen to fit that criteria? Or do you know one that does? Feel free to PM me!

Raisinsonthevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 09:55 PM   #2
cding mama
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Are you in Omaha, NE?

I see a guy, but I have heard really good things about the woman in their practice. They are all pretty laid back when it comes to doing whatever the mom wants, though I haven't ever worked with her personally. Plus I know they deliver at all of the Alegent Facilities. PM me if you wan the name.

cding mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:13 AM   #3
Registered Users
Re: Are you in Omaha, NE?

There are some midwives in Omaha who deliver at Creighton. I have used a hospital midwife for the last 2 of my 4 births, I would definitely go that route if you want more natural but still in a hospital setting. Personally I would NEVER NEVER NEVER deliver a baby in the Omaha Metro again - the hospitals have horrible policies there! I had my eldest at Jennie Ed in 1997, my second in Sioux City, and my last 2 in Ames at Mary Greeley hospital. only in Ames was it MY birth not the hospitals. no IV, no constant "you need meds" BS, plenty of time to soak in the tub, Birthing Balls readily available, nurses who support your choices, you birth ON the bed, they don't take it apart like some hospitals do. My midwife even managed to prevent me from having a C-Section which if I had been with an OB-Gyn they would have taken her by because of her position. I was calling around Omaha in 2007 when the youngest was due so I could be with my family for thanksgiving. Looking for similar to be told I had to have an IV, and all these other outdated bad for mom & baby birthing policies UGH!!!
Loving Wife to Danny and SAHM of Melissa (9/1997) Scarlett (12/2001) Gabe (5/2003) Alex (11/2007) our angels Sam (10/2011) & Chris (7/2012), & our rainbow Evalynn (4/2015)
dieingeyes is offline   Reply With Quote