Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-09-2009, 08:19 PM   #1
xoxCoralxox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Kinda odd question...

So i nursed my first LO up till she was just shy of hitting 2. (( yay me ))
only reason i kinda stopped her was because i was starting to get alot of like nerve pain under my right arm and she was biting me too much.... she also partly stopped her self.......

well im expecting # 2 next month , and Avery ( my DD ) has always been very into my boobs and tuching and trying to latch on sometimes in the middle of the night. Well ive been leaking alot the last week or 2 and shes been going kinda crazy over them....

Soo i guess my question is , how do i handle a toddler who clearly WANTS the boob again , and when the baby comes how should i handle that?
Would it be wrong for me to let Avery nurse again if she wanted too ?
or would that cause more problems ? I know theres some mamas on here who ...uhh tadem ? nurse but they never had the older child stop nursing for 6 months then go back to it that i know of....

im just not sure how shes gunna be when her lil sister gets here ....
and ill feel really wrong for telling her no you cant have any when the boobs where HERS for 2 years you know ?

Advertisement

~~~Expecting Jan.2015 Baby~~~

Last edited by xoxCoralxox; 05-10-2009 at 03:21 PM.
xoxCoralxox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:38 PM   #2
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Kinda odd question...

my ds weaned while I was pregnant and after dd was born, decided to nurse again. He is 17 months old though. I often nurse both and the same time and it is wonderful bonding for all of us
Old 05-10-2009, 06:38 PM   #3
xoxCoralxox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yeah 17 months its still young.... i dunno if she even will want to nurse agian for sure ... but im betting she will she is all over my boobs right now.... and having another baby on them ive got a feeling is gunna tick her off.....

i dunno what ima do :S

Old 05-10-2009, 09:26 PM   #4
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

I guess it depends on you. If you CLW, follow her lead. However, if you feel you are done nursing her, it might be best to be proactive now because i think most tandem nursers (based on the opinions I have read) will agree the older babes can get a little possesive at times and will want to nurse more often than they were
Old 05-10-2009, 09:34 PM   #5
Serendipitous Creationz
Registered Users
Formerly: ****mom
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxCoralxox View Post
yeah 17 months its still young.... i dunno if she even will want to nurse agian for sure ... but im betting she will she is all over my boobs right now.... and having another baby on them ive got a feeling is gunna tick her off.....

i dunno what ima do :S
We'll be tandem nursing and I feel it's going to be a very positive bonding experience for the three of us. I'd let her nurse
Serendipitous Creationz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:38 AM   #6
xoxCoralxox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think id let her nurse , just soo she dosnt feel pushed out of her boobs and arwen ( new baby ) will be taking over or " stealing " from her .....

im just not sure how its all gunna play out.... im hoping maybe a few comphort nurses will be ok with her.....im not sure ill like having her attached to me 24.7 with a newborn.....

i dunno :S just last night we took a bath together and she jumped up to me to give me a hug and she latched on my boob.... i kinda laughted for a min but then she lighty tried to suck and i had to stop her since A theres nothing in there and B my boobs hurt LOL.... so you can deff tell shes still booby addicted.

i dunno it will be very intresting....

Old 05-11-2009, 10:08 AM   #7
boy-oh-boy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No advice with the period of weaning, but I do believe that tandem nursing helped DS1 ease into the big brother relationship with DS2. He was 15mo when DS2 was born. We never had any jealousy issues other than when I was nursing DS2 and he wanted some - but that was very rare. I nursed them at the same time twice (not comfortable!) but it blew over fairly quickly once DS1 realized he was not going to lose out just because DS2 was here. It really was a short transition for us. They tandem nursed for 9 months before DS1 fully weaned.