Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-04-2007, 09:21 PM   #1
shannon1979
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Nursing/sling advice

I am expecting #2 and am really interested in a good sling that would allow me to nurse the baby and have hands free (or mostly). I have a little girl who is 2 years old, so I want to be able to get up and get things for her if needed, well, sometimes at least. I never used a sling with Reagan and I have pretty large breasts. I am wondering if there is any advice on what might be good for me so that I don't 1. suffocate the baby and 2. can be able to nurse and walk around comfortably.

Thanks ladies! I am only 11 weeks, so I am starting to research this stuff early and want as much feedback as possible so I can make a good decision!!! I appreciate it!

Advertisement

Old 02-04-2007, 09:28 PM   #2
Sarah
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: Nursing/sling advice

I used any rs I had and just put Taci in a tummy2tummy hold and let her nurse. It was great,no one could see anything and she could pop herself on and off at will(way more on then off)
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:35 PM   #3
shannon1979
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hoping that someone else might have advice!!!
Thanks!
Old 02-07-2007, 11:31 PM   #4
dingledine
Registered Users

I have large boobies (44DDD). I nursed mine from 3weeks, hands free, in public (without anyone noticing) with a ring sling. Any type of sling with the double rings is good in my book, some are better than others. Mine never came close to sufficating. My biggest problem was people who wanted to see the baby and I told them, look inside if you want, but he is nursing. Which stopped their advances. Also, a nice side is that no one can touch him and give him their germs. Mine is 21 months and has gotten only 3-4 colds with slight fevers, no throwing up, no diaheria. We use the whole cart cover, etc. I still carry "baby" in the sling and he likes it. It keeps my hands and arms free and from wearing out. We really don't use it much anymore he can walk/stand, but it is handy sometimes. He sits and rides at my side now and if I wanted to, I could nurse him, just not as discreetly. Some have a longer material that covers baby and keeps it discreet. Oh, for nursing what I did (didn't use a nursing bra), I used a semi-tight camisole with a button up shirt. When I wanted to nurse him I just pulled up the cami. My button up shirt covered my lower body and I had it opened once the shirt was inside the sling (after about the second button up) That way I was completely covered top and side and bottom. He could just reach it at any time without me having to adjust anything. I also used that set up as he got older because I could just lift and nurse then lower and still be covered and no one seemed to notice. Well, good luck. If you have any more questions PM me or post.

Last edited by dingledine; 02-07-2007 at 11:36 PM. Reason: typed wrong word
dingledine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 12:49 AM   #5
sageandquinnsmommy
Registered Users

I nursed my son in an Over The Shoulder Baby Holder sling all the time. I found them really easy to use and I wore him in it constantly until an injury sidelined me from babywearing. I still wear him from time to time and miss it desperately. OTSBH is a great sling.
sageandquinnsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 09:18 AM   #6
mommy21princess
Registered Users
seller

I just recently made a rs and LOVE It. I haven't been able to use it a TON because bt time I made it dd was already walking and didn't want to be carried much. I did get her to nurse in it once or twice and it can easily be done if a baby were more used to it. My dd doesnt' like to nurse on the go or out in public she gets WAYYYY to distracted! For my next baby I will be using a RS and nursing in it from the BEGINNING!! Good luck and Congrats on your new baby!!
mommy21princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 09:57 AM   #7
doberbrat
Registered Users
seller

love love love my maya wrap ring sling. really, any unpadded open tail sling will work well. when baby is a bit bigger, you can upgraid to a MT which is more comfy and will work well w/older child
Mamma to the best dd 10/05 and Expecting #2 edd 11/29/09 and 2 furkids!
doberbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 02:37 PM   #8
jmorgan_04
Registered Users

My Mood:

I gotta agree with the others,I looove my ring sling. I have made about 4 or 5 now. and i loove them all. I just put chloe tummy to tummy like pp said. its really easy. Hope you find what your looking for.
jmorgan_04 is offline   Reply With Quote