Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2007, 10:25 PM   #11
mama feedbags
Registered Users

Re: Do you wear a Motherhood Nursing Bra??

i have two motherhood bras and a sleeping bra...i hate them all! it doesn't help that i am a 40E...nothing really fits well i have pretty much given up on nursing bras, either the don't fit right, are unsupportive, or provide support but go up to my neck at this point i am sticking with a regular well made supportive bras and just popping myself out of the cup when need be.

Advertisement

mama feedbags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:53 PM   #12
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love my Motherhood bras (though I have 1 sleep bra & one under wire bra) but I also wear sports bras!!!!!
Old 02-11-2007, 10:55 AM   #13
Mum2my2boys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I never had good luck with Motherhood bras..they always fell apart in the wash after a few months. I bought a few at walmart (of all places) that I absolutely LOVE. Theres no underwire but they are supportive enough to wear out and about and also comfy enough for bed.
Mum2my2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 10:57 AM   #14
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

I never liked my motherhood bras I had, and they never actually fit. My boobs aren't THAT big, but the bras were just too small.
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:18 AM   #15
medaroge
Registered Users
seller

Ok, I guess I should preface this post by saying that I used to work at Motherhood.

Anyway. I stocked up on thier bras (employee discount) before I quit when I had ds. I totally agree to try on each single bra that you are buying, even if it is the same size and style as one you have or just tried on. Also, the sleep bras I have found to be great for pp time when you want something, but not a whole bra. I havent worn mine since. They are pretty stretchey, I'd say go with your t-shirt size or comparable bra size.

Also, they have bra extenders that are awesome. you can buy a bra extender for a bra to wear right after baby is born, then when you loose weight you can ditch the extender without having to buy a bra in a smaller band size.

Bras are non returnable, no exceptions (dont they know what new moms are going through, arugh!).

You get what you pay for, a $15 bra is a $15 bra.

One more thing, Sears sells Motherhood clothing under the "two hearts" name. The bras are the same, but $20; but Sears will have sales on them occasionally.

hth!
medaroge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 09:20 PM   #16
BouchieMama
Registered Users

I've never known anyone to like their Motherhood bras. I own a BF & natural parenting shop and our 2 Motherhoods send their customers to me for their nursing bras! There are so many other good nursing bras out there and many inexpensive ones if you know where to look. I can give you some recommendations - there are just some bras that work really well in particular sizes. For example, all of my E-cup women love the Anita 5075 and my personal favorite is the Melinda G 2115 (I'm an F). The most important thing is to make sure that you are properly fitted. Many women get stuck on a certain cup size - when that doesn't fit they assume that they need a bigger band. I have so many women come in wearing 38 D's when they need 34 Gs!! PM me if you want more help I don't care if you buy them from me or not - just want to help. In addition to my own store (www.coMOMities.com) I can recommend www.birthandbaby.com
BouchieMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 09:24 PM   #17
kissum
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I like the sleep bra, but the others didn't work out for me.
kissum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 09:52 PM   #18
janendragon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i tyred them and they were very uncomfortable and unsupportive. I'm a DD and they just didnt work for me They were great during my pregnancy though... just couldnt handle the weight of milk filled breasts.

SAHM to my crazy toddler

Last edited by janendragon; 02-12-2007 at 09:54 PM.
janendragon is offline   Reply With Quote