Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-13-2007, 02:43 PM   #1
mamamac
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Is it a good time to quit

Too make a long story short, I have already started to wean Claire. She nurses for the most part all the time when I am home with the exception of one or two bottles. But now I am sick as a dog and do not want her to get it. I have only fed her maybe one or two times in 2 days and it isn't filling her up. I seriously don't have the energy to pump, much less sit up, but at the same time, I know that I don't want to stop like this. Does that make any sense?

Advertisement

Old 02-13-2007, 03:08 PM   #2
Leininger27
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Is it a good time to quit

Mama. I am right there with you. My ds is almost 9 months old. I had a clogged duct last week and we were able to work that out. Then we got thrush because ds has been on antibiotics now for about 3 months. I love Bfing my Ds and he is absolutely a booby boy! But this pain is unbearable! I know that if I wean him though I will feel absolutely terrible about it! We are fighting through it right now, but there are so many times I just want to go and buy some formula, but I don't even know if he would take it! LOL

I hope you figure out what is best for you both! Sorry you are sick and I hope you get to feeling better!
Leininger27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 03:09 PM   #3
mommy21princess
Registered Users
seller

I wouldn't quit cold turkey. I'd just cut out one session at a time. If you're sick she'll probably get it even if she's not nursing. In fact she has a higher chance of getting it if shes not nursing. If she is nursing then she'll be getting all of your antibodies to help her ward of the illness and if she does get it it shouldn't last as long as if she weren't nursing, KWIM? Anyway I understand you NOT wanting/feeling like nursing while your sick, but I DEF. wouldnt stop cold turkey that could be VERY hard on her. Maybe just slow down and only give it to her when she asks.Thats a form of weaning: Don't offer don't refuse. Good luck!!
mommy21princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 03:38 PM   #4
ChurchPunkMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd at least try to nurse through your illness, to help guard against her getting it. Aside from that, make sure you don't go cold turkey to avoid any discomfort for yourself.
ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 03:45 PM   #5
napua
Registered Users
seller
seller

Do you only want to quit because you are sick? This will pass and as long as you BF her you are giving her a better chance at not getting sick. I hope you feel better soon.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:59 PM   #6
mommy21princess
Registered Users
seller

Remember formula is not AS good as what you are giving right now. I know that it's VERY difficult at times but you CAN get through it. Hang in there you are doing GREAT!! ((hugs))
mommy21princess is offline   Reply With Quote