Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-18-2007, 11:36 AM   #11
Getz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: ? about going to the hospital to have a baby when you have a toddler

My son will be 13 mos when the new baby comes. I am having a repeat c-section. DS will be going to the neighbors while I am in surgery (we have no family in the area and I can't handle having house guests this time, it was too stressful last time). DH will go get DS after I am in recovery.

DH won't be staying over night with me and I only plan on being in the hospital 2 nights. So it shouldn't be too bad. The neighbors will take him as much as I want.

I am heartbroken over leaving DS though. We are doing practice runs at the neighbors (just leaving him for an hour at a time). They have a 4 yr old who DS just adores so I am sure it will be fine.

Advertisement

Old 02-18-2007, 11:49 AM   #12
allye
Technicial girl extraordinaire
seller

My Mood:

With this latest pregnancy - my oldest son watched my 4 yr old daughter while I went into the hospital - then they came up an hour after she was born - and they loved it.
I think my son was more nervous than my daughter was LOL - they came up twice after that to visit, and again my daughter was the calm one!

Allye:: Mama to 5 ::
allye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 12:31 PM   #13
jkelstaten
Registered Users

My friends and I used to "kid swap". We would watch each other's kids while the other ran errands or whatever. We also have a very close family that would watch DD#1 from time to time too. So when DD#2 was born we took DD#1 over to one of our friend's house and she kept her all day. After the delivery Dh left to take my mom and pick-up DD#1 and take them back to our house. My mom stayed with her overnight and Dh came back to the hospital to stay with me. They came and visited while we were in the hospital.

Everything went great! Don't know what we'll do this time though!!
Old 02-18-2007, 12:36 PM   #14
Kylie&Logan'sMommy
A Mommy's Work is Never Done
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I went through a similar situation, here is how it went for us and it worked great

my sil came and stayed at our house with dd while i was having logan, this way dd was with her stuff and felt at home.

as soon as i was out of labor and was okay on my own about 2 hours later LOL dh went home and got dd to bring her to see us. then dd was with dh until i got home from the hospital. they would visit us one or twice a day I had a c-section so i was there 3 days

There is no way in he&* that i would let my dd stay at my inlaws house. that isnt an option. they arent allowed to dry my children in the car either. if there is an emergency my mil can drive my car with dd in there, but that has only happened 1 time when i was rushed to the hospital at 23 weeks preggo.

I am a freak about people driving my kids and stuff though LOL

My kids will not sleep over theyre house ever though. My dads def not there though, i dont feel like there house is safe. but that is another story lol
Old 02-18-2007, 04:46 PM   #15
Mom22girlz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyliesmom View Post
I went through a similar situation, here is how it went for us and it worked great

my sil came and stayed at our house with dd while i was having logan, this way dd was with her stuff and felt at home.

as soon as i was out of labor and was okay on my own about 2 hours later LOL dh went home and got dd to bring her to see us. then dd was with dh until i got home from the hospital. they would visit us one or twice a day I had a c-section so i was there 3 days

There is no way in he&* that i would let my dd stay at my inlaws house. that isnt an option. they arent allowed to dry my children in the car either. if there is an emergency my mil can drive my car with dd in there, but that has only happened 1 time when i was rushed to the hospital at 23 weeks preggo.

I am a freak about people driving my kids and stuff though LOL

My kids will not sleep over theyre house ever though. My dads def not there though, i dont feel like there house is safe. but that is another story lol
I can relate to your story. My MIL is great with my dd. My MIL lives in our house that dd lived in her hole life up until a month ago when we moved out and MIL moved in. So my dd's are both comfertable there. My MIL does not drive so I don't have to worry about her taking her any were.

I had a really bad experience in the hospital with dd#1 that brings tears to my eyes if I think of my postpartum. I don't want my husband to leave me when I am in the hospital in fear of what happend the first time. SO him not being there is not an option, unless they want to put a woman recovering from a c-section in the loony ward. LOL.

After reading some of the other posts I feel better and I know it will only be for three days and DH will go get dd#2 and let her spend as much time with me as I can handle.

Thank you all who have posted! Now I am off to nest.

Rachel
Old 02-18-2007, 04:49 PM   #16
Fullhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I personally bust out of the hospital in 36 hours despite the section. Go in in Thursday AM, come home Friday night. I have done it 3 out of 4 times and don't regret it. Three nights I would probably go crazy.
Fullhouse is offline   Reply With Quote