Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-27-2009, 09:33 AM   #11
nikichickee
Registered Users
Formerly: AidyBabysMomma
seller

My Mood:
Re: Donation offer ... awkward situation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama0609 View Post
Where in NJ are you mama? I've traveled to NJ for milk before and am always looking for local donors to help keep up with DD's intake...

ETA: Right now we have 2 donors, both from here... One in OK and one in PA... One more would probably match up to DD's intake!
I'm in Bergen County, feel free to PM me if your going to be in the area any time soon. I do want to be completely honest about my one cup of coffee a day though. Not sure how you feel about that but it is something I can NOT survive without and just want you to be aware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummyof2ooo View Post
i think it is amazing you offered.
thank you, I really was amazed to be perceived as such a nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlaquepaque View Post
I gave to a friend when our oldest kids were babies and 6 weeks apart. She got pregnant when her DD was 7 months and couldn't pump enough while she was at work. When the subject first came up it was a little strange because we weren't super close. She mentioned she was supplementing formula at daycare because she was only pumping an ounce at a time at work. Meanwhile, I was dumping milk because I already had a chest freezer completely full and didn't know what to do with it all. She jokingly said that she'd love to come raid my freezer and I told her that she was welcome to it. I fessed up to my morning cup of coffee and occasional glass of wine but she was just happy to have it.

The husbands were a little weird with the idea but we just didn't talk about it. My DH was afraid she would sue me if her baby got sick for some reason but told me he didn't really care. Her DH just thought the idea was gross, weird, unnecessary... I just took over a small amount at a time and slowly filled her freezer. I still don't think he knows, haha!

Anyway, your friend knows you have milk and if she wants it she will ask in some way. If not then she's probably just uncomfortable with the idea for whatever reason.
Haha I'm totally with you on the cup of coffee. I am just trying to not let it get me down because that was a serious knock to the ego if YKWIM I really would like to know why men find BM so gross, hubby has made a few comments himself. He's made it clear that he is aware of how wonderful it is for our LO but none the less he is a bit skeeved by the whole concept boys will be boys i guess lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenMImama View Post
I think it is great, and I would jump on that, I am still searching for a few more donors, wish we were closer.
bummer, I would have been thrilled to offer it

Advertisement

Last edited by nikichickee; 05-27-2009 at 09:34 AM.
nikichickee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:44 AM   #12
mama0609
Banned
seller

LOL mama... One cup of coffee is no big deal! I drink far too many soda's to make one cup of coffee a big deal..

I'll PM you!!!

Oops, pressed save before I finished....

Thank you mama!! You are awesome!
mama0609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:46 AM   #13
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

When Sofiya was in the NICU, I had to try and get my milk to come in and was feeling discouraged. My friend asked if I wanted her to pump some milk for us and I felt a little weird even though we are both big on breastfeeding and very aware about donors and everything. I would have taken her milk had mine not come in the next day, but Sofiya wasn't eating yet at that point so the 10ml I was bringing in at a time was enough for her. I guess if I felt weird, I can see why she might feel weird. I would totally offer my milk up too, despite feeling weird. I am sure the feeling goes away, but she is probably a little shocked because she hadn't considered it an option, kwim?

Good luck and it is very kind of you to offer it to her.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:56 AM   #14
mama0609
Banned
seller

Hey mama.... There is a mom on milkshare who needs milk way more than I do... Would you consider donating to her? I can give you her e-mail...

She has (former preemie) twins with many health issues and they can't tolerate formula. She's completely out of milk and was looking in NYC/NJ/Philly/Baltimore. There's a phone number listed as well.

Let me know! I'm not in dire need but this mama sure is!
mama0609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:11 PM   #15
Jenette
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AidyBabysMomma View Post
thanks, I really just wanted to help but hubby and I can't figure out why it seemed so trange to them

She didn't really refuse that's the strange thing she just totally changed subjects and is being really weird I can't imagine people thinking it's icky. They have no problem giving a baby milk processed for a cows nips but not a humans? To each their own I guess but it totally throws me for a loop. I will definitely check out milkshare thanks momma I just get such an empty feeling staring at all that milk taking over my freezer knowing my baby has a full belly and there are so many out there that could use it.

If there is anyone around the Jersey area that would like it PLEASE chime in!
I offered some to my SIL ... I am guess I am lucking she told me no right away. Better that than to not respond.

You friend could think it was icky or be embarrassed she is not making enough ... you wont know unless you ask ... but I would just let it go