Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-16-2009, 12:27 AM   #31
cosmic mama
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: What am I the only one??

Hi Ladies,
I read the posting, and was like "that's so sad if you're the only one" But you obviously not just few and far between. I don't live in Northern Canada but I have treeplanted in Northern Alberta, that probably doesn't count though. Anywayzzz Just wanted to say HI!!!!! and say I think CD momma's (and poppa's too) are AWESOME!!!!!Here's to loving our children, the planet, and saving a buck at the same time. Woot Woot!!!!!

Advertisement

cosmic mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:44 AM   #32
LittleB'sMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well I am finally chiming in on this post since it is the first time I have seen it!!

I grew up in McMurray, left about 8 yrs ago to go to Edm. Moved to Fort St John in 2005, had my DD there in 2007. Unfortuneatly we got transferred out in Feb of 2008 and moved to Peace River. My DD has been cloth diapered since we came home from the hospital. SHe is now 17 months and we are getting our stash ready for #2 to come in Nov!

I didn't know there were cloth diaperers in FSJ. I wish we had've met before I left...although I am going back this weekend for the first time since we left!! I can't wait!
Old 06-02-2009, 09:40 PM   #33
trinalb
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleB'sMom View Post
I didn't know there were cloth diaperers in FSJ. I wish we had've met before I left...although I am going back this weekend for the first time since we left!! I can't wait!
Hey, I know you! I was reading your post thinking, "boy, this person sounds familiar," but the part about you not having been back to FSJ confused me, because I thought you had. Then I saw your sig and realized it is you. I don't know if you'll remember me. My name is Trina, I go to The Shelter. I'm good friends with Hillary. I had a little one this past October, so I would've just been pregnant when you left. I couldn't help Hill paint your old house because of it!

Anyway, I've been CDing Caleb full time since he was about 6 weeks old. And Hill sometimes CDs too, although not so much lately. I actually know a few moms in town who CD at least part time, so you're not alone!

Norwex Independent Consultant | ISO Plus-size SSC, WCMT/HB w/ptw straps, L side-snap swim dipes & European wool clothing
trinalb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:35 PM   #34
LittleB'sMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinalb View Post
Hey, I know you! I was reading your post thinking, "boy, this person sounds familiar," but the part about you not having been back to FSJ confused me, because I thought you had. Then I saw your sig and realized it is you. I don't know if you'll remember me. My name is Trina, I go to The Shelter. I'm good friends with Hillary. I had a little one this past October, so I would've just been pregnant when you left. I couldn't help Hill paint your old house because of it!

Anyway, I've been CDing Caleb full time since he was about 6 weeks old. And Hill sometimes CDs too, although not so much lately. I actually know a few moms in town who CD at least part time, so you're not alone!
Well Hey Trina, yep I remember you. That's awesome that you cloth. I used cloth since day 1 with Braelyn. It is awesome. Did you know Charlene? She moved back to sask, anyway she cloth diapers too! And I think Christine told me before I left that she cloth diapers too....but since I was moving, it was hard to talk about it much!

Nope I haven't been back since we were there to sign the final papers for Hill and Phil. I sure miss it though. I love PR and have met some great people, but there is something about FSJ. I am going up this weekend and am really hoping to get Brae dedicated on sunday!! I am so excited! I wanted her to be dedicated in the church that I was "born" into and she was first brought to as well! Maybe I'll catch you there on sunday. I am expecting #2 about the same time Hill is expecting #3!! Thar shelter! It's a baby place!
Old 06-03-2009, 03:15 PM   #35
trinalb
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I wish I had CD'd from day 1 and, in retrospect, easily could have. But it was hard enough at first to convince Mike to try CDing at all, and we had several CDers recommend waiting out the "yucky poop" stage before starting up. Other than the frequency of poop in the beginning, though, I don't think it would've really made a difference. Oh well, at least we CD full time now, so I can feel good about that! I'm sure we'll CD right from day one with the next one (whenever that is!).

I didn't know how well you knew Christine, but yes, she does CD as well. Actually, Isaiah's PLing right now, so she just puts cloth on him for naps and night. And yes, I know Charlene from working at the hospital. I noticed that Avery was wearing Bum Genius in some of her pics. It's so awesome that more people seem to be using cloth these days. I know I try to tell people how easy it is, but a lot of people still don't believe me!

What kind of CDs do you use? We started out with BG OS 3.0, but they fit terribly on Caleb because he's so chunky. Plus, I've been starting to read more about how synthetics (like PUL) are potentially very toxic, so I've been trying to go more natural. We still use the BG to round out the stash, but I've been gradually picking up some natural fiber fitteds on FSOT and am also attempting prefolds and wool. I'm hoping to eventually sell my BG (maybe keep a few for the diaper bag) and use natural fibers full time.

So you'll be at The Shelter this Sunday? We should see you there, then! That's awesome you're getting Braelyn dedicated. I've often wondered about dedications at our church, they don't really ever seem to do them. Did you just ask Oral about it? I would kind of like to get Caleb publicly dedicated as well. We've obviously done it privately, but publicly is great, too. Anyway, I'm glad you're doing well in Peace River!

Norwex Independent Consultant | ISO Plus-size SSC, WCMT/HB w/ptw straps, L side-snap swim dipes & European wool clothing
trinalb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:49 AM   #36
tidytushees
Registered Users

Just wanted to congratulate you "Northern Mama's" on your CD'ing. It must be challenging to do so - I can imagine there is a lack of resources. Please don't hesitate to email or call if I can be of any assistance. I do a lot of consulting for families that choose to cloth diaper and/or utilize more natural parenting options. I am always happy to help! Lots of great resources on my website and you are welcome to subscribe to my monthly newsletter by creating an account.
All the best and Happy Diapering!
Kelly
www.tidytushees.ca
tidytushees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:53 PM   #37
905_derry
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

lol Ontario here!! that was funny .. just looked to see what the northern part of canada had to offer but lol all I see is ...''What, am I the only one'' LOL. I really did LOL
905_derry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 02:30 PM   #38
amcat.82
Registered Users

Hi I'm from Edmonton, Alberta! I'm a young homeschool mommy of 2 little ones and we are expecting #3 in April 2010
amcat.82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 03:24 PM   #39
Chey
Banned

My Mood:

I'm in Northern BC. Prince George. I know of a few CD mamas around here. If there are any DS mamas from PG get in touch.
Chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:02 PM   #40
SHANZY
Registered Users

My Mood:

Another Ontario Cd Mommy here. Let me ask you ladies where you order your diapers from, the ones that don't sew their own, clever girls!!
I don't want to pay a fortune for shipping. Also how do you get all the cute stuff to show up at the end of all your messages, or do you have to type it each time??
Thanks, Shannon

SHANZY is offline   Reply With Quote